Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely about 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018 . Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
New Century Health merged with Evolent Health in 2018 and continues to lead transformative change in specialty care management as an Evolent company. Within the Evolent ecosystem of provider-centric solutions for value-based care, our New Century Health team focuses on cost and quality improvement for oncology and cardiology specialty care. With more than 15 years of proven results, New Century Health generates insights and drives cutting edge innovation through its clinical capabilities and deep understanding of health care informatics, physician management and health care technology systems development. Together, Evolent and New Century Health are harnessing the power of our combined organizations to improve the health of the nation. Join the New Century Health team and put your passion to work for transforming the U.S. health care landscape for patients, providers and payers.
What You’ll Be Doing:
The Representative, Customer Service is responsible for processing medical treatment requests in accordance with departmental policies, regulatory requirements, and client contractual agreements. Along with providing exceptional customer service, this role is held accountable to performance metrics to ensure service level agreements are met. This role routinely contacts the physician’s offices, Health Plans or patients to complete medical treatment requests. Answers, resolves or escalates incoming telephone, fax, and email inquiries regarding authorization request status, office referrals, eligibility, and general inquiries.
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- Relevant health care experience, call center, or prior authorization experience (required)
- A high school diploma or GED
- College degree OR practical job experience
- Ability to sit for the majority of shift
- Frequent typing, viewing computer monitor, and use of telephone
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently with patients and providers
- Attention to detail
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills and professional telephone etiquette
- Ability to balance workload and prioritize assignments
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Team oriented, demonstrates a strong work ethic and committed to productivity
- The ability to work the 5:00am or 6:00am shift on Mondays and Fridays is required.
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Graduate of an accredited pharmacy technician program
- Bilingual in Spanish