Analyst, Healthcare Data Ops
Evolent Health is looking for a Healthcare Data Operations Analyst to be a key member of the Data Operations team. This is a critical role in executing Evolent Health’s mission by managing data-driven activities related to data profiling, data discovery and analysis, requirements definition, testing and continuous improvement of data collection, mapping, analysis and transformation processes. To succeed in this role, you should enjoy multi-tasking, thrive under pressure, be an out-of-the box thinker and great problem solver. In this role you will collaborate and communicate extensively with numerous business and technical teams.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Providing Tier 3 (expert) support for data issues in a complex, multi-sourced healthcare data warehouse ecosystem including numerous upstream and downstream data processes and consumers
- Responding with urgency in high-pressure, time-critical situations where production data issues impact customer experience, deliverables, or patient care.
- Perform deep-dive and root cause analysis and lead solution development and implementation on change order projects and production issues for existing operational customers.
- Shepherd projects through requirements definition, analysis, development, QA and deployment working closely with numerous partner teams and owning responsibility and driving project completion, quality, and timeliness.
- Multi-task effectively across a variety of change order projects and production triage tickets simultaneously.
- Serve as subject matter expert in primary data domain and coach/mentor team members
- Assist and support QA team members in test strategy and test case development and execution.
The Experience You Need (Required):
- 2+ years of experience in information technology
- Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent experience
- Expert level SQL querying skills required
- Knowledge and understanding of Medical Claims, Rx Claims, Eligibility, healthcare insurance benefit and group account setup, Provider data and related processes around them
- Solid track record in establishing strong relationships with internal stakeholders, clients and additional IT or QA resources as is necessary to bring projects to fruition
- Patience and persistence to sift through complex data/information to get to the core knowledge
- Experience with clinical coding systems: ICD9/10 diagnosis codes, ICD9/10 procedure codes, CPT codes, revenue codes, provider NPI codes, NDC Rx codes.
- Experience in analyzing, defining and documenting business processes and rules
- Experience testing data and assisting in the generation of related test cases
- Intense intellectual curiosity and an ability to view problems with a fresh perspective
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- SAS querying skills
- Experience with JIRA