JOB TITLE: Systems Analyst, Data Integration
DEPARTMENT: DevelopmentEXEMPT (Y/N): Y
SUPERVISOR: Director Software EngineeringLOCATION: Pune
SUMMARY: The Systems Analyst is responsible for defining the functional solution to be built into the health plan platform. This role will work in collaboration with business analysts and engineering teams to ensure a robust and comprehensive solution is defined, understood, and implemented. The scope of these functional solutions will be focused on data integration interfaces with systems external to Evolent that integrate with our health plan platform.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Translate functional business requirements developed by business analysts and client into the functional product solution. This includes the creation of data mapping specifications that map business requirements to physical data table structures in order to provide guidance to engineering.
- Solicit and gain approval from all internal constituents regarding proposed solutions.
- Assist Software Engineers with functional questions related to system enhancements.
- Participate in all phases of software development with significant focus during analysis and design.
- Assist quality assurance members with validating the developed solution meets the acceptance criteria of the solution.
- Ensure system solution designs are aligned with any identified standards.
- Support the implementation team during client UAT activities and business acceptance testing.
- Other duties as determined based upon business needs
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience working on a software development team; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in healthcare industry including claims systems, HIPAA transactions & code sets highly desirable.
- Experience with understanding relational data models and performing basic SQL commands to view data, data structures and data relationships.
- Experience with and understanding of web and database software development.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum based SDLC.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to interpret complex functional requirements and translate them into functional system changes easily understood by development and testing teams.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent people skills with comfort/confidence in client facing situations.
- Strong level of problem solving and organizational skills.
- Results driven self-starter who takes ownership of problems/tasks and sees them through to completion/resolution.
- Works collaboratively with teams.
- Clear and concise visual and written documentation skills to effectively communicate system enhancements to the Healthation development team.
- Knowledge of web technologies, databases, conceptual database modeling, SQL, XML, EDI, x12 are all beneficial skills
Travel Required: minimal