It’s Time for A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely about 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Our Technical team is looking for a Technical Lead, Data Engineer to work on critical, customer impacting events, communication activity, and escalations while the incidents are occurring. Post incident resolution, the Technical Lead, Data Engineer assists with technology improvement activities to ensure continuous improvement of all services provided by the technical team. The Technical Lead, Data Engineer combines a passion for protecting customers with an ability to think quickly and take decisive action; beyond just putting out fires, working with other teams to ensure they don’t happen again.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring processes are followed and root cause remediation is planned and executed for each issue, and that actions are fully documented.
- Critical thinker with the vision to work both tactically and strategically.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, ability to modify communication style to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted, with strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer.
- Provide technical and process leadership support to management in driving issue resolution, escalations, SLA adherence, and support process improvements
- Collaborate with other team members across IT, Operations, and business functions to troubleshoot and resolve support tickets
- Intermediate level T-SQL experience in writing/maintaining stored procedures and complex queries
- Reverse engineer application code and configurations and write custom/ad-hoc T-SQL queries to diagnose critical application issues reported by end users
- Troubleshoot and provide necessary bug fixes related to client and user reported issues
- Provide maintenance support to existing applications
- Conduct presentations of the work where requested and participate in knowledge sharing sessions with others on the team
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or another technology/business field of study
- 8+ years of T-SQL experience
- 8+ years of progressive experience within application support/IT operations organizations
- 4+ years of experience in Microsoft .NET Technologies, C#, Windows Forms
- Analytical thinker with a problem solving and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to communicate and work with both technical and non-technical audiences
Highly Desired Additional Skills
- Healthcare industry experience (desirable)
- Experience with JIRA Service Desk ticketing system/Confluence
- Understanding of Healthcare related EDI ANSI X12, HL7, etc. data formats
- Experience in performance tuning databases and SQL statements
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.