Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely—56.7% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2016. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016 and 2017, and one of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian, and our CEO was number one on Glassdoor’s 2015 Highest-Rated CEOs for Small and Medium Companies. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Evolent Health is looking for a Behavioral Health Specialist with a focus in case management, behavior change, and behavioral health to be a founding member of the population health team. As a member of a team of nurses, social workers, physicians, pharmacists, and program coordinators, you will have the opportunity to make a profound impact on the lives of people living with multiple chronic illnesses. You will connect with your patients in person, on the phone and through email, in the hospital, physician office, and patient’s home - essentially however and wherever the patient needs your assistance to improve their health, better understand their illness and coordinate their care.
What you will be doing:
· Conduct comprehensive assessments that include the physical, behavioral, pharmaceutical and social needs of the patients; identify gaps in care based on clinical practice guidelines. Identify barriers to obtaining care and improved health.
· Based on this assessment, and in conjunction with the patient, the patient’s physician and other members of the population health team, create and implement a care plan that will address the identified needs, remove the barriers and improve the health of the patient.
· Coordinate care by serving as the contact point, advocate and resource for the patient, their family and their physician, building effective relationships through trust, respect and communication.
· Assesses the patient’s knowledge of their clinical condition and provide education and self-management support based on the patient’s unique learning style.
· Measure, improve and maintain quality outcomes (clinical, financial, and functional) for individual patients and the population served.
The Experience You Need (Required):
· Licensed Psychologist, Clinical Social Worker
· (LCSW), Mental Health Counselor
· (LMHC), or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
· A current Florida Registered License
· 4 plus years’ experience in social or behavioral health
· 3-5 years of experience in providing direct services to individuals with chronic medical and/or behavioral health conditions
· Bachelor Degree in Psychology, Social Work or related field. Masters preferred
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
· Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, ability to positively influence others with respect and compassion; fluency in a foreign language is a plus
· Strong work ethic built on a foundation of proactivity and teamwork
· Ability to navigate ambiguity with the aid of structured problem solving techniques
· Committed to the practice of inquiry and listening
· Flexible work schedule – may need to work evenings/ occasional weekends to provide patient access and/ or follow up
· Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
· We are looking for team members who possess high energy, a strong work ethic, integrity, who are kind and empathetic, have a sense of humor, and who enjoy working for a collaborative, team-oriented system