Application System Engineer
Department / Cost Center
IT Production Operations
Number of years of exp
No of Positions
Assigned Recruiter & Talent Partner
TBD / Sagar Guha
It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely—56.7% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2016. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016 and 2017, and one of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian, and our CEO was number one on Glassdoor’s 2015 Highest-Rated CEOs for Small and Medium Companies. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
- We are looking for bright and energetic individuals to join Application Performance Monitoring Team to support production application issues, code analysis, and support application related activities.
- 5-7 years of experience in Azure App Insight, APM and production administration
- Perform critical maintenance tasks in web environments.
- Must have experience in Azure cloud computing.
- Excellent in Azure monitoring using Application insights.
- Experienced in measuring application performance using AppDynamics.
- Detect and diagnose complex application performance problems using App Insights.
- Document and implement best Monitoring practices pertaining to managing web administration and database support.
- Scripting languages like PowerShell, batch scripting, shell scripting (good to have).
- Programming languages like C#, T-SQL, Python (good to have).
- Must have Networking knowledge and Windows System administration.
- Having good Experience in Production support.
- Good exposure to Notification management.
- Worked on technologies like Redis Cache, Elastic Search.
- Fine tune and automate repeated maintenance tasks.
- Keep all Prod Ops related documentation updated on Confluence (internal wiki).
- Familiarity with Service Desk platforms (i.e. JIRA).
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field
- Experience in Monitoring tools - Azure App Insights and APM AppDynamics.
- Application Performance Monitoring using AppDynamics
- Experience on Windows Server and MS SQL
- Experience on Networking and taking the trace using Wireshark.
- Knowledge in a scripting language like PowerShell, VBScript, WSH
- Ability to understand the logic flow of programming through reading C#, T-SQL or Batch content.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Flexibility - responsibilities may require night and weekend work.
- To assist with the support of internal applications and infrastructure
- Creation and distribution of knowledge and information with other team members
- Providing assistance and cover for other team members where required