Sr. Software Engineer (Java)
It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutelyabout 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Evolent Health is looking for a Sr Software Engineer who will be responsible for building and maintaining healthcare software solutions while working and collaborating with our cross-functional teams in San Diego, Chicago and India.
- Research, troubleshoot, debug and support Aldera Web Portal products
- Develop and maintain Aldera software products based upon technical specifications and/or verbal direction.
- Document changes, perform basic unit testing tasks, maintain versioning requirements and uphold all company development standards as related to the software development life cycle
- Devise and create test data, test plans and benchmark measures of application performance
- Assist Quality Assurance teams in debugging and testing developed software products
- Perform peer reviews of software development efforts to ensure accuracy and maintainability
- Communicate and interact with Quality Assurance, Business Analysis, Hosting Services/IT and Project Managers to ensure project success measure by timelines and quality measures while adhering to the SDLC.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Key competencies/skill/success factors:
- Knowledge of Web Services JAX-RS, JAX-WS
- Experience working with web servers like JBoss, Tomcat or similar
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience with test-driven development
Qualification and Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience
- Healthcare experience a plus
- Experience with Salesforce and Jira
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position primarily works in a climate controlled based setting.The noise level and the work environment are moderately quiet. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Include the physical demands of the job, including bending, sitting, lifting and driving. For example, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Why Join Evolent?
Evolent Health developed an integrated value-based care platform for payers and providers. The company created an internal recognition program that encourages departments to acknowledge outstanding achievement as well as focusing on philanthropic values. The company spent four weeks in 2018 giving back to more than 60 local charities and engaged 3,700-plus employees to participate. Evolent provides healthy snacks and drinks in most of its offices as well as an in-office gym at its headquarters and workstations that include treadmill desks. In 2016, the company launched its diversity and inclusion committee that promotes unconscious bias training and established several business resource groups. In 2017, Washingtonian Magazine named Evolent among the 50 Great Places to Work.