It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely about 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Evolent Health has MULTIPLE OPENINGS for a Customer Service Representative who is an energetic, eager individual with outstanding customer service skills and knowledge of managed care processes and health insurance coverage (preferred) to join our customer service team in our Chicago, IL office.
- Respond to member/provider/agent/broker inquiries via telephone regarding health insurance benefits, eligibility and claims.
- Analyze problems and provide correct information and solutions.
- Communicate monthly messages to providers on a specific needs basis.
- Deal tactfully and empathetically with customers.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physician office staff.
- Read, comprehend and verbalize processes and procedures of the organization and of health insurance coverage.
- Multi-task and pay close attention to detail.
- Training Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm CST
- Hours of Operation: Mon – Fri: 8:00am – 6:00pm CST / Sat: 9:00am – 1:00pm CST (your shift will be determined after training)
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience in Customer Service in a Managed Care Organization preferred
- Ability to type a minimum of 35 words per minute
- Knowledge of managed care processes and health insurance coverage preferred
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to understand complex situations to effectively handle escalated customer needs
- Analytical skills and the ability to read and interpret data
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to operate computer programs - Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Bilingual in Spanish & English preferred
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.