Data Engineer (NCH)
It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutelyabout 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Our Technical team at New Century Health is looking for a Data Engineer to part of EDWBI platform team to help build Data Validation framework and related validation reports leveraging existing EDWBI platform along with regular enhancements and support for the core platform. The Data Engineer combines a passion for improving data quality and integrity and applies innovation and creative thinking to develop a continuous data improvement framework. The person should think out-of-box solutions to detect and improve data quality and ace in designing and developing software framework to support data quality processes.
- Be part of core EDW data validation team engaged in designing and developing data quality framework on top of EDW Platform.
- Daily monitoring of data load processes to identify holes in data, collaborate with other team members across IT, Operations, and business functions to design and implement data quality improvement approaches.
- Assists with technology improvement activities to ensure continuous enhancements of core EDWBI platform
- Support ad-hoc data requests from internal/external clients for business continuity and ad-hoc analytics.
- Provide maintenance support to existing EDWBI applications and reports.
- Conduct presentations of the work where requested and participate in knowledge sharing sessions with others on the team
Key competencies/skill/success factors:
- Intermediate level SSAS (analysis services) experience to develop and support SSAS cubes.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring processes are followed and root cause remediation is planned and executed for each issue, and that actions are fully documented.
- Critical thinker with the vision to work both tactically and strategically.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, ability to modify communication style to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted, with strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Proven passion and expertise for the data quality discipline: Data profiling, Data Discovery, Information Chain and Root Cause analysis.
- Expert level T-SQL experience in writing/maintaining stored procedures and complex queries.
- Expert level Integration Services (SSIS) experience in developing complex ETL processes.
- Healthcare industry experience with exposure to claims and patient clinical data (desirable)
- Experience with MS Master Data Services(MDS) and MS Data Quality Services(DQS) tools will be a plus.
- Experience with C#, .NET and VB scripting will be a plus.
- Experience in performance tuning databases and SQL statements
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position primarily works in a climate controlled based setting. The noise level and the work environment are moderately quiet. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Include the physical demands of the job, including bending, sitting, lifting and driving. For example, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Why Join Evolent?
Evolent Health developed an integrated value-based care platform for payers and providers. The company created an internal recognition program that encourages departments to acknowledge outstanding achievement as well as focusing on philanthropic values. The company spent four weeks in 2018 giving back to more than 60 local charities and engaged 3,700-plus employees to participate. Evolent provides healthy snacks and drinks in most of its offices as well as an in-office gym at its headquarters and workstations that include treadmill desks. In 2016, the company launched its diversity and inclusion committee that promotes unconscious bias training and established several business resource groups. In 2017, Washingtonian Magazine named Evolent among the 50 Great Places to Work.