It’s Time for a Change …
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving power that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, testing ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving important Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) efforts: Evolent achieved a 95% score on its first-ever submission to the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index; was named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org; and we publish an annual Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
True Health New Mexico merged with Evolent Health on January 1, 2018 and, as an Evolent company, continues to focus on improving the health and well-being of its health plan members by making sure their care is coordinated at every level. Within the Evolent ecosystem of provider-centric solutions for value-based care, our True Health New Mexico team focuses on keeping people healthy, lowering premium costs, and delivering appropriate levels of care at the right time to help health plan members avoid unnecessary hospital stays and emergency department visits. True Health New Mexico serves small and large businesses across New Mexico. Together, Evolent and True Health New Mexico are harnessing the power of our combined organizations to improve the health of New Mexico. Join the True Health New Mexico team and put your passion to work for transforming the U.S. health care landscape for patients, providers, and payers.
Who You’ll Be Working With:
You will be working with your peers on the Business Intelligence team and employees on other teams across the Company. The Analytics team provides support to many health plan business units, such as Finance, Claims, Enrollment, Sales, Medical Management, and more. You also will have the opportunity to work with other Analytics and Data Specialist staff across Evolent.
What You’ll Be Doing:
The Healthcare Data Specialist is responsible for providing and validating data extracts that support key operational functions for stakeholders in the Company. The ability to understand complex healthcare data is critical. A thorough knowledge of data, programming skills (such as SAS, SQL, Python, R), and the ability to communicate with non-technical staff is also necessary. This position will work with various teams within the organization to support health plan operations through providing high quality data.
- Reports to the Director of Health Plan Analytics.
- Execute all regular transaction processes necessary to maintain operations records and databases.
- Perform extracting, importing, and exporting of data in various database applications.
- Assist in implementation, testing, and validating data and software systems.
- Perform data analysis of key problem areas to assist in root cause analysis.
- Audit data on a regular basis to ensure data integrity and quality.
- Assist with ongoing data architecture processes and governance.
- Research and collect data to assist with product development and analysis.
- Train staff and business as necessary on data operational activities.
- Perform data reconciliations to identify data anomalies.
- Escalate data issues needing process re-engineering.
- Assist in preparation of data reports, training materials, business presentations, and technical documentation.
- Assist in maintenance, back up and security of business data.
- Support MS Access applications and databases.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in management information systems, business administration, economics, statistics, computer science or a related field and 2 to 4 years of experience.
- Extensive Microsoft Excel and Access experience with formulas, pivot tables, and advanced features including Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) programming and small application development.
- Programming skills with statistical software programs, including but not limited to SAS, R, Python, etc.
- Ability to manage various sources of information and large data sets.
- Proficiency in validation and evaluation of data and creating large data sets and extracts.
- Ability to function independently and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to learn new and complex computer system applications.
- Energized by and comfortable with rapidly evolving organizational needs and environment.
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Previous experience with healthcare industry data.
- Bilingual speaking, writing, and reading skills.
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.