It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving power that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, testing ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving important Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) efforts: Evolent achieved a 95% score on its first-ever submission to the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index; was named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org; and we publish an annual Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Who You’ll Be Working With:
Integration testing the end-to-end healthcare ecosystem requires analytics, reporting, & technical testing. Data is analyzed to inform decision makers. Data is reported to provide teams precise test data or stakeholders answers to questions. Technical testing is exercised to ensure source to target integrity. The IQ Analyst (IQA) performs analysis, reporting, and technical testing across multiple domains such as benefits, enrollment & billing, provider, reimbursement, utilization management, claims, mailroom, finance, customer service, portal, access to care, care management, outreach, fraud, quality, encounters, and operational reporting. Active domains under test require technical experts to find the most valuable defects. The IQA reports to a manager. One or many IQAs may be engaged in any testing effort.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- The day to day point of contact and escalation representing IQ technically for assigned scope
- Responsible to escalate risks and issues in coordination with the lead / manager for status reporting
- Responsible to enforce department standards as directed by the lead / manager
- Consulted for test plan creation, maintenance, approval, & socialization (level set) by the lead / manager
- Responsible to build the technical suite supporting assigned scope in a timely manner including:
- create & maintain queries required to analyze source & target integrity across various databases supporting transaction processing based on the end to end data flow
- create & maintain queries required to analyze system processing in detail
- create & maintain test automation for various work streams in Integration Quality
- provide summary information to stakeholders & management answering business questions
- create & maintain queries supporting precise test data for user acceptance test cases
- perform administrative tasks for status reporting or other data related needs
- Consulted for sequencing of end to end testing dependencies with the lead / manager as identified for use in the master schedule
- Responsible to execute test cases and record results for assigned technical scope during test execution
- Responsible to triage discrepancies, set defect priority & urgency, and enter defects found by testing teams during test execution
- Consulted to manage and report risk, issues, and decisions with the lead / manager
- Responsible to attend and if required, lead test team meetings for technical testing activities
- Responsible to escalate environment needs and outages to the lead / manager during execution
- Responsible to maintain assigned test assets on a frequent basis for assigned technical scope
- Assigned other duties as required
Experience you’ll need:
- General knowledge of data flow and healthcare end to end system landscape
- Good knowledge US Healthcare – Payer side, Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial Plans and understanding on claims workflow, members, providers
- A minimum of 2 years of experience (for Analyst) and 5 years of experience (for Senior Analyst) with Claims, Healthcare Plans, Medical Benefits, Members, Providers concepts
- Demonstrable experience with Testing, Writing Test cases, Test Plans, and good understanding on what needs to be tested.
- Experience / knowledge of EDI X12 formats including 837 and/or other messages
- Experience / knowledge of SQL queries and ability to write complex SQL queries
- Demonstrable experience supporting testing activity under one mature SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) with a leadership approved test plan (or test strategy)
- Demonstrable experience creating and managing test assets with test data
- Demonstrable experience operating at least one test management and defect management tool
- Demonstrable experience working concurrent projects, activities, and tasks under time constraints
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel (including formulas, pivot tables, etc.) and PowerPoint
- Experience to deliver job responsibilities listed above
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
BS or BE Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Currently, Evolent employees work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. As such, we require that all employees have the following technical capability at their home: High speed internet over 10 MBPS and, specifically for all call center employees, the ability to plug in directly to the home internet router. These at-home technical requirements are subject to change with any scheduled re-opening of our office locations.
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.