Sr. Edifecs Developer
Aldera - Implementation Services
It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely about 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
This position is as a Subject Matter Expert on the EDI transaction set with Edifecs Smart Trading software experience.
- The position calls for the fulfillment of business processing requirements of EDI transactions, for intake, processing and providing output to internal processes and external business partners.
- Excellent communication skills are required and will be used daily in collaboration with business product owners in reviewing and validating requirements.
- Responsibilities include Analyze, develop, test, and implement, business requirements and decisions using Edifecs Smart Trading software.
- Assist with platform support and production support including root cause analysis
- Partner with business product owner and other appropriate team members to recognize and analyze gaps, consider solutions and deliver working software for the EDI transaction set and specifically with 834, 837, 835, 820, 270/271, and 276/277 EDI transactions.
- Ability to analyze root-cause issue, problem solve and provide key recommendations for production support and implementation of process improvements.
- Communicate and manage potential impacts and risks associated with implementing proposed solutions to business partners and relevant Stakeholders
- Ability to function in a multi-project environment with changing priorities.
- Develops innovative approaches and is sought out as an EDI expert
Key competencies/skill/success factors:
•Experience using source control systems like GIT, CVS or MS-Teams
•Excellent written and oral communication skills.
•Intense intellectual curiosity and an ability to view old problems with a fresh perspective
Qualification and Experience:
- 4-6 yrs of total experience
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Business or related field and/or equivalent education and experience.
- years of experience working with multiple stakeholders in a matrix type environment to achieve project deliverables required
- 4+ years of experience in Healthcare EDI transactional processing (i.e.,834, 837, 835, 820, 270/271, 276/277) and various ANSI X12 transaction sets
- 3+ years of experience with Edifecs Smart Trading Software (XES, TM, Specbuilder, XESManager)
- 3+ years Java/ java script experience
- 3+ years deployment experience (JenkinsGit)
- 3+ years Windows experience (administrative preferred)
- 3+ years SQL and SQL Server experience
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Experience with various file formats (X12, XML, CSV, Delimiter, Fixed ASCII, Database)
- Configuration file creation within Edifecs software modules for standard edits as well as customized edits
- Map creation experience for both inbound and outbound trading partner relationships within Edifecs Smart Trading software suite for various ANSI X12 transaction sets
- Experience with Edifecs Transaction Manager for processing validation and dashboard reporting
- Experience with Edifecs XESEAM for route creation and software set-up
- Healthcare domain expertise or background working with Claims, Enrollment, and Call Center Operations teams
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Strong oral and written communications and presentation skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position primarily works in a climate controlled based setting.The noise level and the work environment are moderately quiet. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Include the physical demands of the job, including bending, sitting, lifting and driving. For example, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Why Join Evolent?
Evolent Health developed an integrated value-based care platform for payers and providers. The company created an internal recognition program that encourages departments to acknowledge outstanding achievement as well as focusing on philanthropic values. The company spent four weeks in 2018 giving back to more than 60 local charities and engaged 3,700-plus employees to participate. Evolent provides healthy snacks and drinks in most of its offices as well as an in-office gym at its headquarters and workstations that include treadmill desks. In 2016, the company launched its diversity and inclusion committee that promotes unconscious bias training and established several business resource groups. In 2017, Washingtonian Magazine named Evolent among the 50 Great Places to Work.