It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutelyabout 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Who You’ll Be Working With:
You’ll join a team of data scientists, analysts, and software engineers working to push the boundaries of data science in health care. We like to experiment, iterate, and innovate with technology, from developing new algorithms specific to health care’s challenges, to bringing the latest machine learning practices and applications developed in other industries into the health care world. We know that algorithms are only valuable when powered by the right data, so we focus on fully understanding the problems we need to solve, and truly understanding the data behind them before launching into solutions – ensuring that the solutions we do land on are impactful and powerful.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Research, conceptualize, and implement analytical approaches and predictive modeling to evaluate scenarios, predict utilization and clinical outcomes, and recommend actions to impact results.
- Manage and execute on the entire model development process, including scope definition, hypothesis formation, data cleaning and preparation, feature selection, model implementation, validation and iteration, using multiple data sources.
- Provide guidance on necessary data and software infrastructure capabilities to deliver a scalable solution across partners and support the implementation of the team’s algorithms and models into Evolent’s product offerings.
- Contribute to the development and publication of white papers showcasing Evolent’s leadership in healthcare data science.
- Collaborate with stakeholders from clinical, operations, and product teams to identify advanced analytics opportunities to add value to Evolent’s solution offerings.
- Leverage clinical and administrative data to support other business needs related to clinical program improvement, networks optimization, and other strategic initiatives.
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- Master’s Degree with a quantitative focus (e.g. data science program, software engineering, statistics, mathematics, computer science, health services research).
- 3-6 years of professional experience in an analytical field related to health service analytics, predictive modeling in health care, or other health care-related experience.
- Strong technical abilities with advanced data and analytics tools and programming languages, including Python or R, and at least one database language such as SQL or Mongodb.
- Foundational understanding of core concepts in applying machine learning algorithms: data cleaning, feature selection, and parameter tuning.
- Strong communication skills, including both communicating with other stakeholders to fully evaluate project requirements and context, as well as communicating project results, findings, and applicability.
- Ability to work independently with little technical guidance day-to-day, in a fast-paced environment.
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Experience in SAS, SAS/CONNECT, and disparate programming language integration techniques
- Proficiency in most areas of mathematical analysis methods, statistical analyses, predictive modeling, and/or machine learning (such as neural networks, random forests, gradient boosting, etc), and in-depth specialization in some areas.
- Working knowledge of analyzing administrative medical claims, pharmacy claims, and/or EMR data and clinical data.
- Proficiency with git or other version-control software, especially in collaboration with others.
- Proficiency working at the command line / shell.
- Experience in reporting and visualization tools such as R’sggplot, Python’s bokeh, Tableau, MSTR, or geo-mapping tools.
- Experience building and/or using APIs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position primarily works in a climate controlled based setting.The noise level and the work environment are moderately quiet. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Physical demand: Include the physical demands of the job, including bending, sitting, lifting and driving. For example, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Why Join Evolent?Evolent Health developed an integrated value-based care platform for payers and providers. The company created an internal recognition program that encourages departments to acknowledge outstanding achievement as well as focusing on philanthropic values. The company spent four weeks in 2018 giving back to more than 60 local charities and engaged 3,700-plus employees to participate. Evolent provides healthy snacks and drinks in most of its offices as well as an in-office gym at its headquarters and workstations that include treadmill desks. In 2016, the company launched its diversity and inclusion committee that promotes unconscious bias training and established several business resource groups. In 2017, Washingtonian Magazine named Evolent among the 50 Great Places to Work.