Sr Data Scientist
Deepthi Devarakonda/Simhan Ramakrishnan
No of yrs. of exp
No of Positions
It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving power that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, testing ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving important Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) efforts: Evolent achieved a 95% score on its first-ever submission to the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index, was named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org, and we publish an annual Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
As an experienced Data Scientist you’ll join a team of data scientists, analysts, and software engineers working to push the boundaries of data science in health care. We like to experiment, iterate, and innovate with technology, from developing new algorithms specific to health care’s challenges, to bringing the latest machine learning practices and applications developed in other industries into the health care world. We know that algorithms are only valuable when powered by the right data, so we focus on fully understanding the problems we need to solve, and truly understanding the data behind them before launching into solutions – ensuring that the solutions we do land on are impactful and powerful
- Research, conceptualize, and implement analytical approaches and predictive modeling to evaluate scenarios, predict utilization and clinical outcomes, and recommend actions to impact results.
- Manage and execute on the entire model development process, including scope definition, hypothesis formation, data cleaning and preparation, feature selection, model implementation in production, validation and iteration, using multiple data sources.
- Provide guidance on necessary data and software infrastructure capabilities to deliver a scalable solution across partners and support the implementation of the team’s algorithms and models into Evolent’s product & platform offerings.
- Contribute to the development and publication in major journals, conferences showcasing Evolent’s leadership in healthcare data science.
- Work closely and collaborate with Data Scientists, Machine Learning engineers, IT teams and Business stakeholders spread out across various locations in US and India to achieve business goals
- Provide guidance to other Data Scientist and Machine Learning Engineers