It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely about 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Responsible for the operational processing of COB functions including but not limited to: Paper COB’s, Customer Service COB verifications, COB termed workflow, Claim department emails, UM COB notifications, Cost avoidance reports, Cost of recoveries reports, and State TPR reports. The major function in handling COB will require outbound phone calls to various carriers to validate or verify coverage. The COB specialist is required to perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the Department Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma required with or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years prior experience in a Medical office and/or Customer Service in a managed care organization.
- Energetic, flexible, eager individual with medical office experience
- Knowledge of managed care processes and insurance coverage
- Comfort and ability to do phone outreach to validate and verify coverage eligibility
- The interpersonal skills necessary include the ability to work well within a team that includes all levels within the organization from support staff to senior management as well as clients.
- Requires analytical skills and the ability to read and interpret data
- Knowledge of and the ability to read, comprehend and verbalize processes and procedures of the organization and of insurance coverage
- Ability to recognize and recommend process improvements
- Must be able to multi-task and pay close attention to detail
- Requires a well-organized individual with an excellent capacity for effective time management
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to operate computer programs – Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.