Evolent Health, Analyst, Internal Audit-Internal Controls
What You’ll Be Doing:
The Analyst, Internal Audit, reports directly to the Associate Director, Internal Audit group and assists with the management and execution of Evolent Health’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 compliance efforts. The analyst must be attuned to diverse and complex operations in order to add value to senior management and provide guidance throughout the organization. This is a hands-on position which interfaces with the process owners, as well as assists with the planning, conducting, and successful and timely completion of Evolent Health’s annual SOX 404 program. The analyst must be detailed, action, solution and results oriented and dedicated to continuous improvement. In addition, must possess the ability to manage one’s own time and resources and the time of others. The analyst must also be able to maintain objectivity and provide the appropriate level of guidance to our process owners in terms of SOX 404 requirements and changes to control structure that leads to a sustainable and cost-effective program for the company.
• Help develop and maintain the SOX 404 compliance framework that ensures the effort is efficient and effective for the area of responsibility. This includes taking into consideration the SEC’s guidance and the benefits of PCAOB Audit Standard #5.
• Actively participate and assist the annual SOX 404 risk assessments and scoping model by collaborating with the appropriate leaders, internal audit assessments and external auditors.
• Collaborate with leadership and business units to ensure that adequate internal controls are designed and documented to comply with SOX 404 and company-wide requirements. Monitor major change in business, process and systems to ensure timely updating of controls documentation to mitigate the risks.
• Assist in developing and implementing efficient internal control testing programs to evaluate their operating effectiveness. This may include actual testing of select processes, detailed working paper review, test design, sample size guidance, exception evaluation criteria, retest expectations, and global test opportunities.
• Manage periodic progress reporting on SOX 404 compliance efforts including status of open control deficiencies (from internal controls testing, internal audits, external audits etc.).
• Facilitate remediation of internal control deficiencies with the appropriate process owners to ensure that issues are brought to logical closure. Help escalate when deficiencies are not remediated timely.
• Identify and evaluate issues and processes that may impact multiple business units. Suggest ideas and solutions that may lead to standardized and improved processes across multiple business units.
• Document and maintain SOX 404 workpapers to ensure that they are clear, concise, and supported by operational facts results to justify conclusions.
• Communicate recommendations to process owners/management through logical, clear and concise written and oral means to gain understanding and agreement on internal controls issues and commitment to implement corrective action.
• Oversee the activities of internal controls regional personnel to ensure effective utilization in completing assigned projects. Provide day-to-day support of assigned internal controls personnel such as creating open lines of communication, providing status updates, advising on difficult situations.
• Nurture existing and develop new relationships with regional management. Mentor and guide internal controls personnel, as appropriate and necessary, in the execution of their assigned projects.
• Able to work well independently and within a team environment and take initiative to drive for results with assigned projects; able to function without day-to-day supervision.
• Manage, direct, and train internal controls personnel and outsourced providers to ensure expectations and results are clear and consistent.
• Continuously assess team members need for development and provide ongoing coaching and training to ensure professional growth and continued quality deliverables.
• Provide major input to engagement planning and fieldwork, as well as identification, development and documentation of audit issues, and recommendations for their improvement.
• Assist with establishment of training programs as it relates to SOX 404 Compliance.
• Stay abreast of changes to and best practices in SOX 404 compliance and internal controls overall (i.e., serve as a subject matter expert on internal controls related issues).
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
• 3 to 5 years for prior SOX experience, in financial controls / Experience preferably with Big 4 or Regional public accounting firms or with the internal audit/controls department in a multi-national organization.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills, and the ability to influence others.
• Strong project management skills and experience with a proven history of results.
• Managing multiple priorities simultaneously through strong prioritization, and organization skills.
• CA/CA Inter/Graduate/post graduate/MBA Finance degree from an accredited university preferably in accounting or equivalent.
• Knowledge of GAAP, PCAOB, SOX, COSO standards, and business laws and regulations.
• Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and other business and audit –related applications/software.
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
• CPA, CIA, CFE, and/or other relevant certifications a plus.
Evolent Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.