Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely about 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018 . Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
New Century Health merged with Evolent Health in 2018 and continues to lead transformative change in specialty care management as an Evolent company. Within the Evolent ecosystem of provider-centric solutions for value-based care, our New Century Health team focuses on cost and quality improvement for oncology and cardiology specialty care. With more than 15 years of proven results, New Century Health generates insights and drives cutting edge innovation through its clinical capabilities and deep understanding of health care informatics, physician management and health care technology systems development. Together, Evolent and New Century Health are harnessing the power of our combined organizations to improve the health of the nation. Join the New Century Health team and put your passion to work for transforming the U.S. health care landscape for patients, providers and payers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Cache Database System Administration for Production, QA and Development Servers
- Designs, develops and monitors Claims System using Cache object script, Mumps and CSP.
- Maintains Best practices and standards for Claims System management using NCH SDLC.
- Handles the code Builds, database refresh, and source code and release management
- Fine-tunes the database, ensures proper database design, construction of Tables and other system components, using industry standard best practices
- Monitors production, DR Systems for data integrity support issues and develops corrective solutions.
- Ensures appropriate unit testing, regression testing performed for developed code before QA/Production deployment.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong experience working in InterSystem Technology stack.
- Strong CACHE Data Model and Mumps coding and design experience required.
- Experience in EDI, Eligibility, Provider, Claims preferred.
- Strong Claims application development knowledge preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills and effective presentation skills.
- Healthcare experience required.
- Experience in developing or maintaining Applications in SQL and Cache Web Services preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or Computer Engineering or associated discipline or the equivalent experience.
- Requires minimum seven (7) to ten+ (10) years’ experience in building claims application using InterSystem Technology stack (CACHE, MUMPS) with a minimum of 3+ years’ experience in Administrating Cache Database on Windows platform.
- Requires strong healthcare experience (e.g. claims, eligibility, provider, patient, pharmacy).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.