It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutelyabout 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Evolent is looking for Sr. Scrum Manager to guide and coach Scrum Teams and relevant parts of the organization on how to effectively use Agile/Scrum practices and to delight customers as the highest priority
- Facilitate Scrum and Sprint rituals and enforce appropriate rules and role boundaries.
- Seek to eliminate waste and low value costly behaviours.
- Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to quickly remove or prevent blocking issues.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving; correctly and collaboratively identify root cause of problems and implement reasonable and appropriate interventions.
- Assist in getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Assist in discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assess Scrum maturity of the team and organization and lead the team to higher levels of performance, at a comfortably sustainable pace.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and business analysts, especially with respect to refining (aka grooming), managing the product backlog, and preparing for Sprint rituals.
- Preserve and promote Agile culture, commitment to excellence, and adaptive flow.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
Key competencies/skill/success factors:
- Excellent verbal communication and mentoring skills
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Experience with numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum framework (examples: methods for estimation and forecasting, burndown/up techniques, retrospective formats, handling bugs, measuring team health, user stories, ATDD, TDD, BDD, continuous integration/delivery, continuous testing, pairing, automated testing, games, etc.)
- Ability to distinguish Agile anti-patterns; can clearly communicate knowledge, tools, and tactics that are most appropriate
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 1-2 recent years of experience as a full-time Scrum Master, Agile coach, or Scrum trainer
- 4+ years of experience in product or software development roles
- Scrum Master or Agile certification (PSM, CSM, CSP, CST, PMI-ACP, etc.)
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, organization types, product/technology types, cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Knowledge of pros/cons of frameworks and scaling approaches in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Crystal, DaD, SAFe, LeSS, Nexus, etc.
- Experience as a Development Team member
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position primarily works in a climate controlled based setting.The noise level and the work environment are moderately quiet. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Include the physical demands of the job, including bending, sitting, lifting and driving. For example, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.