It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutelyabout 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Evolent is looking for EHI Manager to Lead, mentor and grow a team of skilled and passionate software engineers and help them advance in their careers.
- Build performant, scalable and secure Web Applications.
- Lead, mentor and grow a team of skilled and passionate software engineers and help them advance in their careers.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle with requirements, solution design, development, testing, and product support using Scrum and other Agile methodologies.
- Collaborate with team and business owners in understanding business goals and requirements
- Drive code reviews, conduct design and technical reviews
- Lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping team members do their best work<span
- Identify new technologies that will benefit short and long term organization goals.
- Provide thought leadership in the area of technology strategy.
Key competencies/skill/success factors:
- Expert level knowledge and experience building scalable and performant web applications using modern SPA frameworks such as AngularJS, React, etc., and knowledge of .NET, ASP.NET and related ecosystem. Alternatively:
- Experience building Internet facing Web Applications with RESTful Micro Services in a Multi-tenant architecture.
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Ability for hands on development pairing with a team member to solve difficult problems or to mentor team members.
- Experience with Databases such as SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience with Unit Testing frameworks such as Jasmine, Mocha, NUnit, XUnit, etc.
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Unit testing, End to end Services testing and related tools and technologies.
- Experience building for distributed, scalable and highly available/fault tolerant architecture
- Experience with Automated builds, deployments, continuous integration, continuous delivery.
- Experience using GitHub or other Git based source control systems.
Qualification and Experience:
- A four year Bachelor’s Degree or a Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- 3+ years of People management experience, and experience leading and motivating teams.
- 5+ years of Hands on Software Development
- Healthcare IT experience.
- Experience with NoSQL Databases such as MongoDB, Elastic, etc.
- Experience building native or hybrid mobile applications
- Familiarity, designing and building for OWASP Top 10 and other security guidance for Web Applications.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position primarily works in a climate controlled based setting.The noise level and the work environment are moderately quiet. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Include the physical demands of the job, including bending, sitting, lifting and driving. For example, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Why Join Evolent?
Named among Forbes’ 2014 America’s Most Promising Companies and Glassdoor’s 2015 Best Places to Work, Evolent provides an opportunity to work with top talent in an organization committed to career development. While we come from a variety of backgrounds, we pursue a singular mission: to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered