It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely – about 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and one of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Evolent Health is looking for a Senior Director, Finance to be a key member of the growing Finance team. This individual will join a small, fast-paced team of FP&A professionals at a growth-oriented public company, and will play a critical role in executing Evolent Health’s mission by ensuring that the company is able to plan for growth, execute on and track performance vs. budget, as well as make informed executive decisions backed by financial and strategic analysis. Reporting initially to the VP of Finance, the Senior Director, Finance will have primary responsibility for: managing a dedicated team that provides end-to-end budgeting and forecasting processes for the company’s portfolio of Services business unit, driving improvements to unit profitability, generating actionable strategic insights from financial and operational data, and driving successful implementation of improvements.
The Senior Director, Finance will work closely with the CEO of the Services business unit, Sales, Accounting, Operations, Talent, and other key executives, providing a unique breadth of exposure throughout the company. We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial, hands-on approach who is also capable of collaborating with many different stakeholders to delve deep into operational and financial data to provide insights and inform business decision-making.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage and guide FP&A analysts as they: build and maintain budget and near- and long-term forecast models, track variances against budget plans and provide operational feedback to department heads and create other financial and operational reports/analyses.
- Drive design and maintenance of actionable operational dashboards that enable senior leadership to fully understand the state of the business unit. Extract insights from these reports to help senior team focus on what data truly matter.
- Drive consistent improvement in operating margins by discovering and highlighting areas where the business can systematically improve profitability.
- Work with sales team to assess financial impacts of potential new client contracts.
- Manage the annual and quarterly budgeting and re-budgeting efforts.
- Carrying out other special projects as required.
- Manage a team of direct FP&A reports, providing mentorship, guidance, and career development opportunities. Set objectives for team and delegate responsibilities.
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field
- 5-10 years of experience in FP&A, investment banking, consulting, or other business environment where you developed a deep understanding of business financial metrics, driving an organization toward financial goals, and the ability to discern operational issues and opportunities from financial data
- Experience in taking abstract business scenarios, identifying the key drivers and components, and translating into financial and operational models
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including the ability to distill complex, data-rich topics to a persuasive, broadly-understandable narrative
- Strong organization skills and attention to details
- Experience managing, coaching, and developing team members
- Ability to execute against multiple projects/deadlines and manage key stakeholders while moving projects forward and maintaining high work quality
- Strong familiarity with Excel modeling and other FP&A systems (while you will have direct reports with responsibility for owning most modeling functions, you will need to be able to validate their results and coach them)
- Track record of success taking initiative, solving problems, and going above and beyond to get to get things done, especially under tight deadlines/time pressures
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Familiarity with accounting/financial reporting systems or analytics tools
- Basic knowledge of US GAAP, solid financial acumen, and highly proficient in accounting/financial principles
- Previous work in high-growth or entrepreneurial environment
- Experience implementing/working with financial planning software
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Specific experience in corporate FP&A strongly preferred, but not strictly required for exceptional candidates
- Knowledge of healthcare services and/or technology industries
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.