It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving power that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, testing ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving important Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) efforts: Evolent achieved a 95% score on its first-ever submission to the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index; was named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org; and we publish an annual Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Who You’ll Be Working With:
The Sr. Auditor, SOX Internal Controls reports directly to the Sr. Director of our Internal Audit group and assists with the management and execution of Evolent Health’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 compliance efforts. The senior must be attuned to diverse and complex operations in order to add value to senior management and provide guidance throughout the organization. This is a hands-on position which interfaces with the process owners, as well as assists with the planning, conducting, and successful and timely completion of Evolent Health’s annual SOX 404 program. The senior must be detailed, action, solution and results oriented and dedicated to continuous improvement. In addition, must possess the ability to manage one’s own time and resources and the time of others. The senior must also be able to maintain objectivity and provide the appropriate level of guidance to our process owners in terms of SOX 404 requirements and changes to control structure that leads to a sustainable and cost-effective program for the company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Helping develop and maintain the SOX 404 compliance framework that ensures the effort is efficient and effective for the area of responsibility. This includes taking into consideration the SEC’s guidance and the benefits of PCAOB Audit Standard #5.
- Actively participating and assisting with the annual SOX 404 risk assessments and scoping model by collaborating with the appropriate internal leaders and external auditors.
- Collaborating with leadership and business units to ensure that adequate internal controls are designed and documented to comply with SOX 404 and company-wide requirements. Monitoring major change in business, process, and systems to ensure timely updating of controls documentation to mitigate risks.
- Assisting in developing and implementing efficient internal control testing programs to evaluate their operating effectiveness. This may include actual testing of select processes, detailed working paper review, test design, sample size guidance, exception evaluation criteria, retest expectations, and global test opportunities.
- Managing periodic progress reporting on SOX 404 compliance efforts including status of open control deficiencies (from internal controls testing, internal audits, external audits etc.).
- Facilitating remediation of internal control deficiencies with the appropriate process owners to ensure that issues are brought to logical closure. Helping to escalate when deficiencies are not remediated timely.
- Identifying and evaluating issues and processes that may impact multiple business units. Suggesting ideas and solutions that may lead to standardized and improved processes across multiple business units
- Documenting and maintaining SOX 404 workpapers to ensure that they are clear, concise, and supported by operational facts results to justify conclusions.
- Communicating recommendations to process owners/management through logical, clear and concise written and oral means to gain understanding and agreement on internal controls issues and commitment to implement corrective action.
- Overseeing the activities of internal controls regional personnel to ensure effective utilization in completing assigned projects. Providing day-to-day support of assigned internal controls personnel such as creating open lines of communication, providing status updates, and advising on difficult situations.
- Nurturing existing and developing new relationships with regional management. Mentoring and guiding internal controls personnel, as appropriate and necessary, in the execution of their assigned projects.
- Managing, directing, and training internal controls personnel and outsourced providers to ensure expectations and results are clear and consistent.
- Continuously assessing team members need for development and provide ongoing coaching and training to ensure professional growth and continued quality deliverables.
- Providing major input to engagement planning and fieldwork, as well as identification, development and documentation of audit issues, and recommendations for their improvement.
- Assisting with establishment of training programs as it relates to SOX 404 Compliance.
- Staying abreast of changes to, and best practices in, SOX 404 compliance and internal controls overall (i.e., serve as a subject matter expert on internal controls related issues).
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- BS/BA degree from an accredited university preferably in accounting or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years for prior business experience, preferably with Big 4 or Regional public accounting firms or with the internal audit/controls department in a multi-national organization
- Information Technology General Controls
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills, and the ability to influence others
- Strong project management skills and experience with a proven history of results
- Managing multiple priorities simultaneously through strong prioritization, and organization skills
- Knowledge of GAAP, PCAOB, SOX, COSO standards, and business laws and regulations
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and other business and audit –related applications/software
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, and/or other relevant certifications a plus
Currently, Evolent employees work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. As such we require that all employees have the following technical capability at their home: High speed internet over 10 MBPS and, specifically for all call center employees, the ability to plug in directly to the home internet router. These at-home technical requirements are subject to change with any scheduled re-opening of our office locations.
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.