Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely about 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018 . Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Who You’ll Be Working With:
The Director, Market Operations is a critical, cross-functional role with a 360-degree view of the business while assigned to a dedicated client. Working closely with the Market Leader, (s)he will monitor and track top executive priorities, analyze Market and operational metrics, and manage various special projects.
In addition, as a critical team member of Market Operations this role also will support providing the 360 degree view of Health Plan Services (HPS) operations to our Market - including but not limited to claims processing, audit, customer service, member outreach activities, eligibility and enrollment processes, and finance. (S)he will build strong relationships within the Market organization and Evolent Health Plan Services and have an exceptionally high service ethic. This includes managing or completing Associate Director responsibilities that includes tracking follow-up items / resolution on key Market issues, capturing status and meeting minutes, setting meeting agendas, along with other routine project management. This individual also helps track performance against SLA’s and other key performance indicators.
This role is meant to be a foundational starting point to develop and launch outstanding talent and future leadership into the HPS organization. Reporting to the Market General Manager and working closely with the full executive team, this role has multiple career path options to grow into.
The role will be based in Chicago, IL. Applicants who live outside the area will be considered and should be prepared to relocate to Chicago.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Support Market Operations and Executive team where requested to prioritize time and focus on the most important goals
- Create the team communication plan within Market Operations; help cascade decisions and information
- Participate in the creation of specific Market content that supports a coordinated strategic narrative
- Take ownership of discrete projects and complete using the resources of the organization
- Perform root cause analysis to identify opportunities to increase operational efficiency
- Analyze Market and operational metrics/KPIs
- Ensure Evolent Health is meeting or exceeding service level agreements (SLA’s) and other key operations performance indicators as part of the Market Operations team
- Report on and review operational and process tracking metrics and dashboards with the Market Executive. Participate in proactively identifying Market issues.
- Facilitate & participate in internal team activities with Operations, Tech Operations, and/or IT to identify solutions to help drive Market issues to successful resolution.
- Develop Market-facing content and communication (e.g., resolution plans, status updates, operations changes and next steps), as needed. This includes preparing the monthly Market-specific Operations Performance dashboard.
- Maintaining clear view on priority issues for any Market and monitoring and managing issues to resolution.
- Learning internal operations and seeking out continuous improvement opportunities to enable our business to grow and scale.
- Providing other support to the Market Operations team, as needed.
- Ensure strict compliance with federal and state regulations and company policies, procedures and processes.
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in consulting, health care industry interest or experience
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Demonstrated ability to get up to speed quickly
- Track record of ownership and tenaciously looking for ways to get results & improve the status quo
- Market service orientation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining a positive attitude
- Detail orientation and project management skills combined with an ability to prioritize work
- Excellent computer, written, and communication skills
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.