It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely—70.3% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2017. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016 and 2017, and one of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian, and our CEO was number one on Glassdoor’s 2015 Highest-Rated CEOs for Small and Medium Companies. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Evolent Health is looking for a Pharmacy Analyst to join the Pharmacy Services team. The person in this role will conduct analyses and develop actionable reports on diverse projects and problems related to pharmacy costs, benchmark analysis, administrative, and utilization trends. In addition, this person will be responsible for rule building and other projects that include cross-collaboration and work with Evolent’s Analytics and IT departments.
This person will identify actionable opportunities to improve our client partners’ pharmacy cost and quality as well as being involved in Blueprint and new client opportunities. As a member of a team of analysts, actuaries, physicians, pharmacists, health economists, and program coordinators, you will have the opportunity to make a profound impact on the lives of all our patients by better using advanced analytics to help manage pharmacy benefits and improve patient care.
- Serve as a liaison between pharmacy services and other Evolent stakeholders including but not limited to, IT, Analytics, Finance, operations, and our markets
- Code, run, maintain and enhance various Pharmacy analytic modelling (e.g., pricing, client proposals, formulary optimization, staffing models) and reports (e.g., budget, utilization, special programs like MTM) – likely will require SAS, SQL and other coding capabilities
- Code, run and maintain pharmacy operational reporting and ensure visibility of those reports to pharmacy leadership
- Develop and code pharmacy specific rules into the rules engine, while maintaining and managing an active pipeline of rules to be built and prioritizing appropriately
- Consult with appropriate pharmacy team members to identify analytics needs, and contribute to the pharmacy analytic roadmap
- Track performance and outcomes of those programs, in coordination with Evolent Health and client working teams, and communicate findings to the appropriate person or team
- Utilize Microstrategy to pull ad hoc reports as well as standard monthly and client-ready quarterly reports (e.g., trend tracking, top prescribers)
- Assist in Pharmacy Program support of the development of modelsif needed
- Enhance Point of Care reporting as required
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree, with either a quantitative major (e.g. actuarial, statistics, economics, engineering, computer science, operations research, applied math) or healthcare (health administration, public health, pharmaceutical sciences)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft office including, PowerPoint, Excel, and familiarity with Access
- 1+ years experience with either SQL, SAS, R, Microsoft Excel (advanced), Microsoft Access (advanced), GIS, or other programming language
- Experience in an analytics role at a health plan, PBM, consulting firm, hospital system or other healthcare related experience
- Experience with quantitative analytics in areas such as statistics, predictive modeling, optimization, discrete event simulation
- Willingness to develop and explore new approaches, adapt, and execute quickly
- Exceptionally strong analytic abilities, with track record of identifying insights from quantitative and qualitative data
- Collaborative working style with the ability to work across different organizations and personalities
- Ability to develop contextually rich and visually compelling presentations to communicate complex concepts
- Flexible work schedule – may need to work evenings/ occasional weekends to provide unforeseen ad-hoc reporting
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguity with structured problem-solving and decision-making
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.