Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely--62% in year-over-year revenue growth through 2015. Are we recognized? Definitely. We’re 12th on Forbes’ list of America’s Most Promising Companies for 2015, one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, and our CEO was number one on Glassdoor’s 2015 Highest-Rated CEOs for Small and Medium Companies. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Who You’ll Be Working With:
Evolent Health is looking for a Managing Director, Health Plan Solutions Management to be a key member of the enterprise solutions development team. This individual will report into the Solution Management function while working closely with the P&L leader responsible for delivering on the broader strategic, operational and revenue objectives for Evolent’s Provider Sponsored Health Plan Solution.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Solution Definition and Scoping
- Lead the definition, scoping and prioritization of new capability development initiatives that are required to meet near and long term strategic and financial goals.
- Work with the Solution P&L Leader to secure the broader approval of new development requests from the senior executives who comprise Evolent’s Solutions Leadership Team.
Budgeting and P&L Accountability
- Responsible for creating a synthesized development LOE estimate, ROI analysis and annual budget forecast for an Evolent solution’s portfolio of services and platform capabilities.
- Ensures a solution’s development initiatives are managed and delivered on budget and in line with the associated Solution Owner’s P&L.
Solution Development Program Management and Launch
- Develops synthesized enterprise development plans across operational, analytics and technology related work streams.
- Oversees the day to day execution of those work streams.
- Responsible for all status tracking and escalation of issues related to the development plan with associated functional executive leaders and as needed, to the executive Product Leadership Team.
- Accountable for the on-time completion of solution development initiatives
- Works in collaboration with product implementation teams and operating partners for the successful launch of new capabilities into their alpha markets.
- Develops a final ‘implementation’ model for the transition of responsibility for subsequent ‘solution go-lives’ to the product implementation team.
Value Prop Definition and Go to Market Support
- Defines initial unique value proposition and differentiators associated with new capabilities to be developed.
- Works with Go to Market leaders and Product Marketing to translate key differentiators into market facing Solution collateral and communications.
- Serves as a solution SME in early sales activity to describe new solution capabilities and works with Product Marketing to develop broader training / certification for the GTM sales teams.
- Works in collaboration with other Solution Development Leaders and Solution Development Team Executive to ensure capabilities are effectively being integrated in a manner that ensures economies of scale across Evolent lines of business, maximizes the ROI for all new capability investment and avoids redundant/duplicative development.
Hiring and Growing Solution Project Managers
- Solution Management Leaders will have direct management responsibility (as required/needed) for the hiring and professional growth of solution project managers who will support the effective program management deliverables described above.
The Experience You Need (Required):
- Proven product manager and manager with 10+ years of a proven track record of health plan product management and their associated market performance against P&L goals
- 3+ years’ proven experience with a track record of directing cross functional teams (benefit design, actuarial, IT, analytics, clinical) through full-cycle health plan solution development.
- Ability to inform Go to Market analysis and planning and, as required, to lead market driven research and validation of new capability development opportunities (e.g. conjoint analyses, moderated focus groups, etc.)
- Synthesis of technology and operational development roadmaps
- Understanding of operational P&L development
- Strong understanding of data driven segmentation modeling and CRM driven member marketing, sales, and retention capabilities and tools. Should possess practical knowledge in the application of those tools to grow and maintain profitable health plan membership.
- Facilitation and leadership of cross-functional / matrix operating environments
- Effective external engagement of market leadership and clients (current or prospective) to be an early subject matter expert for the solution and to in turn incorporate “voice of the customer” into development planning
- Effective communication and relationship building across C suite
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Ability to draw on non-health care career experience (e.g. retail, other technology)
- Experience in applying skills across multiple health plan lines of business (e.g. Medicare Advantage, Fully Insured Commercial, ASO, Individual products)
- Understanding of agile technology development models
Evolent Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer