Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely about 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018 . Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
The Senior Accountant will be assisting the day-to-day accounting activities and month-end financial reporting requirements, while being actively involved in the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial processes. The position requires strong knowledge of accounting principles and accounting functions from both a detailed and big-picture perspective. The Senior Accountant will be involved in analyzing certain transactions—such as accruals, fixed assets, benefits, debt, rebates, prepaids, accounting for subsidiaries—to ensure proper journal entries are recorded and taking an active role in monthly close and in preparation of monthly financial statements. The Senior Accountant will be heavily involved in the quarterly financial audits and be required to perform financial analyses and other ad hoc projects when necessary.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in accounting with the right mix of technical accounting, general ledger accounting, financial analysis, and communication skills to enable him/her to communicate effectively with functional departments and collaborate with staff at all levels across various functions. He/she will be an enthusiastic team player who is detail-oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Active involvement in day to day operational accounting activities for assigned areas
- Assists in the preparation of financial reports for internal and external use
- Communicates with varies departments to determine unrecorded expenses, and assist in the monthly accruals process
- Oversee the organization’s cash management process, including day-to-day treasury needs and integration of newly acquired entities into the ERP system.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reconciliations
- Interprets financial transactions, resolves accounting discrepancies and identifies significant fluctuations
- Develops and implements processes with focus on automation, scalability, and efficiency to streamline accounting methods and increase productivity
- Takes an active role in month / quarter / year-end closing processes to include maintaining and communicating closing schedules with reporting units
- Supports the quarterly and annual financial audit process with external audit teams
- Performs special projects and studies on accounting and control matters as requested
- Assists with the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements disclosures.
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in financial reporting and/or general accounting
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Requires excellent analytical ability, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and in teams
- Good oral and written communication skills required
- Possesses Intermediate Excel skills
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and act with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work with competing priorities under tight deadlines
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Financial reporting experience strongly preferred
- CPA and/or Public Accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge of the Workday ERP system preferred
- Treasury or expense accrual experience preferred
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.