Software test Engineer, Automation
It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutelyabout 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Evolent is looking for bright and energetic individuals to be a Software test Engineer, Automation
- Work with Software Test Engineering Leadership to achieve company goals
- Development of Subject Matter Expertise on the Identifi platform
- Software Test Management in VSTS
- Authorship and maintenance of both manual functional and automated test cases (automation using accelQ)
- Defect Management, including defect creation, interaction with developers for clarification and issue resolution
- Participation in full SDLC as a member of a Scrum team attending daily standups and other required meetings
- Work with the Product Owners and Developers to ensure the delivery of a high-quality product and take ownership of functional requirements, communicating effectively with developers (to explain the requirements) and product owners (to provide feedback and suggestions for improvement of requirements)
- Assist and advise on best practices for testing, as well as make recommendations to improve efficiency and performance
- Assist with User Acceptance Testing
- Participate in creation and status updates of tasks, consolidation of data for status reporting and measurement of performance
- Other duties as assigned
Key competencies/skill/success factors:
- Hands-on experience with relational database management systems with SQL
- Experience with test planning and execution of web and non-web applications
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology (Agile/Scrum)
- Experience with Continuous Integration Test Management tools like Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), JIRA, GitHub, etc.
- Experience with Document Management tools like Confluence, SharePoint etc
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills, along with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse range of team members
- Must be detailed oriented and possess a desire to deliver high quality products
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 5+ years of experience in information technology
- 5+ years of experience in software testing practices and methodologies inclusive of working knowledge of software test automation
- 3+ years of experience with developing service API test automation solutions or cross browser UI test automation tools or any other functional automation tools such as Selenium, QTP, accelQ etc.
- Experience in Healthcare IT and clinical processes
- Understanding of Claims, Eligibility and Provider data and related processes
- Experience building native or hybrid mobile applications
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position primarily works in a climate controlled based setting.The noise level and the work environment are moderately quiet. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Include the physical demands of the job, including bending, sitting, lifting and driving. For example, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Why Join Evolent?
Named among Forbes’ 2014 America’s Most Promising Companies and Glassdoor’s 2015 Best Places to Work, Evolent provides an opportunity to work with top talent in an organization committed to career development. While we come from a variety of backgrounds, we pursue a singular mission: to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered