Job Description - Data Engineer, HPS Technical Operations
Evolent Health provides value-based care solutions for hospitals, health systems, and physicians to help them achieve clinical and financial rewards for more effectively managing patient populations. Leveraging 20 years of experience, Evolent Health works with clients to design, build, and manage customized value-based care models including clinically integrated networks, bundled payments, risk-based contracts, accountable care organizations, and provider-sponsored health plans. Providers turn to Evolent Health’s integrated set of advisory services, population health technology, and managed services to make the volume-to-value transition with a single partner in a practical and flexible way. For more information, visit www.evolenthealth.com.
Evolent is an innovative employer focused on creating a flexible and comfortable work environment. We value creativity, dedication, and talent, and encourage our team to excel. We reward excellence with an amazing benefit package and highly competitive compensation package. We are currently seeking individuals with strong technical skills to join the team.
Our Technical team is looking for a Data Engineer to work on critical, customer impacting events, communication activity, and escalations while the incidents are occurring. Post incident resolution, the Data Engineer assists with technology improvement activities to ensure continuous improvement of all services provided by the technical team. The Data Engineer combines a passion for protecting customers with an ability to think quickly and take decisive action; beyond just putting out fires, working with other teams to ensure they don’t happen again.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring processes are followed and root cause remediation is planned and executed for each issue, and that actions are fully documented.
- Critical thinker with the vision to work both tactically and strategically.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, ability to modify communication style to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted, with strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer.
- Provide technical and process support in driving issue resolution, escalations, SLA adherence, and support process improvements
- Collaborate with other team members across IT, Operations, and business functions to troubleshoot and resolve support tickets
- Beginner to intermediate level T-SQL experience in writing/maintaining stored procedures and complex queries
- Reverse engineer application code and configurations and write custom/ad-hoc T-SQL queries to diagnose critical application issues reported by end users
- Troubleshoot and provide necessary bug fixes related to client and user reported issues
- Provide maintenance support to existing applications
- Conduct presentations of the work where requested and participate in knowledge sharing sessions with others on the team
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or another technology/business field of study
- 2-4 years of T-SQL experience
- 3-4 years of progressive experience within application support/IT operations organizations
- Analytical thinker with a problem solving and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to communicate and work with both technical and non-technical audiences
Highly Desired Additional Skills
- Healthcare industry experience (desirable)
- Experience in Microsoft .NET Technologies, C#, Windows Forms
- Experience with JIRA Service Desk ticketing system/Confluence
- Understanding of Healthcare related EDI ANSI X12, HL7, etc. data formats
- Experience in performance tuning databases and SQL statements