It’s Time For A Change… Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. We bring our whole selves to work and we’re driven to make a difference every day, from the work we do in our roles to the charitable endeavors we support. We believe in starting by listening, communicating with candor, fostering inclusion and owning the opportunity. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. Whether we’re wearing scrubs, jeans or our finest work-from-home chic, we have fun, work hard and make time to help others.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) efforts. Evolent achieved a 100% score on the 2020 Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index, making us one of the best places to work for LGBTQ+ employees. We were also named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org and we publish an annual Diversity Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace and performing on various metrics. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Who You’ll Be Working With:
As a member of the Infrastructure team, you will be part of a team responsible for the network, systems, telecommunications, storage and security in multiple data centers. The team provides Infrastructure services for customer and internal systems.
What You’ll Be Doing:
The Systems Engineer is a primary resource for the Infrastructure team focusing on systems, storage and security. The staff member will provide subject matter expertise in the creation and maintenance of VMWare, Cloud and On-Premise Windows Servers, and storage systems. Day to day responsibilities are a mixture of project, maintenance and problem resolution activities.
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- Minimum 4 years of engineering experience, including Windows, VMware, Active Directory, backup/recovery
- Demonstrable Knowledge of DHCP, DNS, ADDS, TCP/IP and Optimization
- Proven experience with PowerShell and with the ability to automate processes
- Exposure to storage management concepts and processes
- Experience with PowerShell and to be able to create and debug scripts to perform job functions.
- Experience supporting a Microsoft Windows environment including corporate Active Directory
- Experience supporting a VMware vSphere/Microsoft Azure/Amazon Web Services environments
- Experience supporting on-premise/colocation datacenters and cloud infrastructure
- Experience with O/S and application patching processes
- Proven desire to expand technical skill set
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues prior to delivering solutions to the business
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self-directed and capable of collecting and analyzing data and rendering recommendations
- Detail-oriented, with proven time management and organization skills (including the ability to engage in multiple tasks and meet deadlines/standards)
- Be a positive role model and have the ability to work independently and in conjunction with co-workers of all levels
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
Currently, Evolent employees work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. As such, we require that all employees have the following technical capability at their home: High speed internet over 10 MBPS and, specifically for all call center employees, the ability to plug in directly to the home internet router. These at-home technical requirements are subject to change with any scheduled re-opening of our office locations.
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.