TRUE HEALTH NEW MEXICO MISSION, VISION, AND VALUES
At True Health New Mexico, we focus on improving the health and well-being of our health plan members by making sure their healthcare is coordinated at every level. Our model of care prioritizes and facilitates “well-care,” not “sick-care.” We strive to improve members’ health while lowering their healthcare costs and helping them become an active participant in their own care. Our benefit plans, programs, and services help our members reach their best state of health and reduce unnecessary, high-cost care such as emergency room visits and hospitalizations. As a physician-led health plan, our top priority is connecting our members to the care they need to help them achieve and maintain their highest health status. We serve individuals, small and large businesses, and federal employees across New Mexico. Join the True Health New Mexico team and put your passion to work transforming the healthcare and health insurance landscape.
The successful candidate:
- has a sense of urgency for bringing in new business and is willing and able to treat book of business as their own company, including writing, implementing, and updating market analysis and strategic business plan.
- has strong communication, people, and networking skills.
- can think on your feet and relate to different people.
- is goal-oriented and competitive: can set and achieve realistic goals with a desire to be the best, surpass others, and break records.
- wants to grow personally and professionally, expand your comfort zone, learn new skills, and develop your leadership abilities.
- has effective time-management skills; self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- is solution-oriented: able to listen to the customer and provide value-added services based on the customer’s needs.
- is coachable and willing to learn new skills and operating procedures.
- displays passion about the products and services being provided both to potential customers and their employees.
1. Meets new business production goals and objectives as established.
Solicits for new business via telephone, networking, and other lead sources. Develops insurance quotes, makes sales presentations, and closes sales. Develops ongoing networking relationships across all industries in New Mexico. Treats each customer contact as a cross and up-sell opportunity including financial products. Designs and implements effective marketing strategies to sell new insurance contracts or adjust existing ones. Contacts potential clients and create rapport by networking, cold-calling, using referrals, etc. Appraises the wishes and demands of business or individual customers and sells the suitable protection plans. Collects information from clients on their risk profiles in order to offer the proper solution. Retains continuous awareness of transactions, sales and terms and keep relative records.
2. Prepares reports to shareholders on the success of your business endeavors.
3. Frequently replenishes job-specific knowledge and applies it on the field.
4. Attends and participates in staff meetings, required in-services, and other internal meetings as required. Fulfills all company-established policy obligations. Completes other duties as assigned.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Current New Mexico insurance license in life/health.
- 3 to 5 years of sales experience with a proven track record of success.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. (preferred)
- Bilingual speaking, writing, and reading skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Current New Mexico insurance license in life/health
- ASO certification
The majority of work responsibilities are performed externally the with 25% in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Travel will be required.
EEO/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of TRUE Health New Mexico, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.