It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely about 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Evolent Health is looking for a Software Engineer, Web UI Development to be a key member of the technology leadership team. This individual will play a critical role in executing Evolent Health’s mission by developing a Patient Registry and Reporting module and interfacing with Evolent’s data warehouse.
- Responsible for building Web Applications using the Single Page Application (SPA) paradigm.
- Participate in the full SDLC with Requirements, Solution Design, Development, QA Implementation, and product support using Scrum and other Agile methodologies.
- Hands-on engineer in designing and development of software solutions and software requirements related core components, foundation frameworks, UI and SOA based services.
- Develop software solutions using industry best practices and in the area of security and performance in a web and SOA architecture environment
- Collaborates with team and business owners in the design and analysis phases as part of self-organizing Feature teams
- Maintain source-code repository, participate in Code Reviews, and conduct Design Reviews
- Participate in deployment of code into production
- Implements Web UI design and assists in the testing and user acceptance of Web pages and applications
- Identifies new technologies that will benefit short and long term department goals. Provides thought leadership in the areas of strategy and technology.
Key competencies/skill/success factors:
- Experience using GitHub or other git-based source control systems, working with Pull Requests
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Intense intellectual curiosity and an ability to view old problems with a fresh perspective
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience in MVC/MVVM-based Single Page Application (SPA) paradigm using at least one of the following: React, Angular.js, Ember.js
- 3-7 years of experience in Information Technology as a Software Development Engineer on a Web platform.
- Experience in Software Development, SDLC for large high production impact systems.
- Experience in: HTML5, Sass, C#, ASP.Net MVC, SOA
- Experience with TDD/BDD, writing Automated Functional tests and Browser compatibility tests.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position primarily works in a climate controlled based setting. The noise level and the work environment are moderately quiet. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Include the physical demands of the job, including bending, sitting, lifting and driving. For example, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.