It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving power that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, testing ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving important Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) efforts: Evolent achieved a 95% score on its first-ever submission to the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index; was named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org; and we publish an annual Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Ability to define heuristic testing techniques for the Evolent products and interconnected sub-systems to reduce risk and increase the confidence of clients and stake holders. Enact quality as a habit to form, not a task to perform.
Tactical shrewdness to identify and introduce smart techniques to work closely with developers and find issues early in the process. Relentlessly improve testing activities and automate as and when the opportunity and return on automation is beneficial.
An eye for seeing past the obvious and mundane to evolve and improve the business. Practice and preach the concept of “Discovering the unexpected is more important than confirming the known.”
Investigate the product and system as a basic user, power user, competitor (find missing functionalities/features) and product crasher/rogue (break the product). “Less testing is a sin and more testing is a crime.” Optimize the approach by creating fewer test cases with more product coverage and diminish defect leakage over time.
Use the mantra “all code is guilty until proven innocent” to motivate Test Driven Development (TDD), lean thinking and good programming practices. Use different problem-solving techniques (e.g. 5 Whys, Ishikawa diagram etc.) to conduct root cause analysis of systemic issues and identify, prioritize and mitigate system bottlenecks, with the end goal of overall system optimization.
Understand the importance of solving the business problem to accelerate the product delivery with approaches like test automation, continuous integration, delivery and deployment.
Aptitude and attitude of thinking “Quality is not a separate phase, it’s a culture”. Be ready and willing to educate team members on quality standards and help them to apply quality gates right from requirements to delivery of the intended solution.
Challenge status-quo, be a leader of change, and come up with new approaches and methodologies to propose to the team, implement and get their constructive feedback. Communicate in a receptive manner, refine based on feedback
Things You Could Be Doing:
- Build Next Generation Healthcare data processing – Evolent is committed to breaking the mold by developing a solution to acquire, parse, and integrate healthcare data faster than anything on the market today. Achieving this goal means not only innovating, but literally inventing new technologies to solve previously unsolvable issues. Your opinions, inventiveness, and cleverness will contribute to the success of this project.
- Engineer workflows using cutting edge functional techniques – You will be part of a team that develops interactive analytic solutions against healthcare data. You will learn functional techniques that enable our systems to ingest data, generate insights and distribute meaningful insights.
- Engineer solutions for Test Data Management – You will be part of a team that process large amount of data to perform analytics that drive critical business decisions. You will analyze these processes, identify and prioritize data scenarios and set up a Test Data Management system to cater to the needs of SDLC.
- Interact with both SQL Server and Hadoop Big Data systems – You will engineer solutions to consume health care data that will be processed and stored in Hadoop Big Data systems as well as legacy SQL Server systems.
- Supercharge company operations – At Evolent we feel that empowering our operations group is critical to the success the software and solutions we produce. You will analyze operational bottlenecks and produce solutions to ensure that our platform stays easy to use with clear information radiators. Our philosophy is that solutions are only complete when they can be effectively operated.
- Deliver work in Agile process – You will work in Agile processes for your day to day work. You will work closely with other engineers to deliver critical business enhancements on a bi-weekly cadence. You will be expected to participate in hackathon and innovation opportunities on a quarterly basis.
- Code review fellow team members according to corporate standards – Part of your responsibilities will be to collaborate with your fellow engineers to ensure quality and performance of the enhancements. Your opinion will be critical to the success of your colleagues – just as much as their opinions will be critical to your success!
- Follow Continuous Delivery processes for software development and deployment – You will be expected to maintain exceptionally high quality of code check-ins with enhancements being shipped to production environments on a regular basis. It will be your responsibility to ensure that automated controls for validating software quality are kept up to date and functioning.
The Experience You Need (Required 4-5 years):
- Relational Database Technology (SQL Server or Oracle)
- In Depth Knowledge of ETL principles & Data Analytics (Star schema, Snowflake Schema, Indexing, OLAP, performance tuning)
- Capable to validate, debug and analyze complex Datawarehouse/ ETL processes
- Very strong into write, debug and analyze complex SQL statements & stored procedures
- Good understanding of and setting up of Test Data Management technology landscape, processes and design principles
- Hands on experience in ETL Testing
- Ability to setup data scenarios to validate data & visualizations in BI Reports
- Test Case Management (TestRail, Azure Test Plans)
- Agile development (Scrum, XP, Lean)
- Agile tool experience (Azure DevOps, Jira, Rally, VersionOne)
- Strong communication skills
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Reporting Tools (MicroStrategy, Power BI)
- Continuous Integration & Delivery Systems (Azure Pipelines, Jenkins, Visual Studio DB Projects)
- Experience in US Healthcare IT and Clinical processes
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position primarily works in a climate controlled based setting. The noise level and the work environment are moderately quiet. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Include the physical demands of the job, including bending, sitting, lifting and driving. For example, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Why Join Evolent?
Named among Forbes’ 2014 America’s Most Promising Companies and Glassdoor’s 2015 Best Places to Work, Evolent provides an opportunity to work with top talent in an organization committed to career development. While we come from a variety of backgrounds, we pursue a singular mission: to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered