It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
At New Century Health we are pioneering a new era of specialty care, focused on engaging with payers and providers to improve the quality of care for patients diagnosed with cancer and heart disease. Our evidence-based care delivery model supports patients during their most vulnerable times, a responsibility we are both humbled by and passionate about.
With nearly two decades of proven results in Oncology and Cardiovascular care, New Century Health improves quality and lowers costs for the 6M+ patients whose care we manage. Our approach is based on a proven clinical model that engages Oncology and Cardiovascular specialists through value-based care delivery. We believe the highest quality care is also the lowest cost care over time, improving outcomes and delivering financial savings to our partners. The New Century Health model has been proven across Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial populations. New Century Health joined the Evolent Health family in 2018, joining the mission to change the health of the nation.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving important Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) efforts. Evolent achieved a 95% score on its first-ever submission to the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index, was named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org, and we publish an annual Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
What You'll be Doing:
The Medical Director Oncology is responsible for support and assistance for all oncology administrative and clinical utilization management and quality improvement functions under the auspices of the Chief Medical Officer.
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of all clinical program guidelines.
- Responsible for participation in the Utilization Management (UM) Committee in the absence of the Chief Medical Officer.
- Responsible for performing peer reviews including peer-to-peer conversations.
- Responsible for acting as a clinical liaison to providers, clients, and patients as directed by the Chief Medical Officer.
- Responsible for completion of UM projects and site visit reviews.
- Responsible for overseeing clinical aspects of client site visits.
- Responsible for communicating need for additional clinical information to ordering providers.
- Responsible for supervising clinical reviewers.
- Responsible for coordinating with UM staff to ensure timely and accurate communication of clinical decisions.
- Respect and maintain HIPAA confidentiality guidelines.
- Responsible for maintaining availability to clinical and non-clinical administrative staff during performance of initial and second level screening
- Acts as an interdepartmental liaison between all New Century Health offices, departments, and committees.
- Will work with the Director of UM to ensure client satisfaction.
- Perform all peer clinical review activities while located in a state or territory of the United States.
- Acts with honor and integrity, serving as a role model for the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Experience You'll Need:
- Graduate of recognized medical degree program.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the practice of medical oncology; knowledge of regulatory requirements with at least two years of experience in a regulatory role.
- Current, unrestricted clinical license in medicine or required specialty.
- If trained after 1980, active Board Certification in Medical Oncology required.
- Strong clinical, management, communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Analytic skills
- Energetic and curious with a passion for quality and value in health care
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Currently, Evolent employees work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. As such, we require that all employees have the following technical capability at their home: High speed internet over 10 MBPS and, specifically for all call center employees, the ability to plug in directly to the home internet router. These at-home technical requirements are subject to change with any scheduled re-opening of our office locations.