It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving power that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, testing ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving important Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) efforts: Evolent achieved a 95% score on its first-ever submission to the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index; was named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org; and we publish an annual Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Who You’ll Be Working With:
The Manager of Financial Analysis is responsible for ensuring all functions related to premium billing/commissions are executed in a timely and accurate fashion. This includes generation of monthly premium invoices, reconciliation of accounts receivable, posting and reconciliation of payments, corrections of billing errors, and designing and implementing system enhancements. The Manager will also be responsible for ensuring platform upgrade testing is complete. Direct reports may include senior analysts I and II, analyst, and staff. This Manager will work with team members within finance and internal business partners and management. Specific job duties may include, but are not limited to the supervision or performance of the following:
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage the monthly processes such as premium billing, commissions, or other processes as necessary
- Ensure premium and commission payments are reconciled to eligibility data
- Ensure timely and accurate posting of cash received
- Auditing departmental deliverables
- CCOM Lead for expanded scope client
- Develop and oversee training
- Prepare relevant portions of regulatory filings and reports
- Assist in the management of year end and interim audits
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Manage cash disbursements
- Liaise with banks/vendors and internal Treasury staff to manage client banking relationships
- Prepare and present financial management reports
- Provide direction and expertise in internal controls
- Prepare and update premium billing/commission policies and procedures
- Assist in the preparation of financial projections and forecasts related to premiums/commissions
- Perform data manipulation and analysis.
- Provide monthly support to clients as it relates to premium billing/commissions
- Manage the relationship between finance, enrollment, and other internal teams
- Other projects as directed
- Occasional travel may be required
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4-7-years’ experience in a related position
- Experience in health care finance
- Strong financial accounting skills
- Self-directed with strong time-management and prioritization skills
- Understanding of generally accepting accounting principles, accounting methods, and audit procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated team player
- Attention to detail and quality orientation
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Strong understanding of generally accepting accounting principles, accounting methods, and audit procedures
- A strong understanding of health care finance.
- Knowledge of health insurance premium billing procedures and capitation arrangements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) is required.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills to include root cause analysis.
- Analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
During the current pandemic Evolent employees are working remotely from home. As such we require that all employees have the following technical capability at their home: High speed internet over 10 MBPS and, specifically for all call center employees, the ability to plug in directly to the home internet router. These at-home technical requirements are subject to change with any scheduled re-opening of our office locations.
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.