It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely—56.7% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2016. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016 and 2017, and one of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian, and our CEO was number one on Glassdoor’s 2015 Highest-Rated CEOs for Small and Medium Companies. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
What You’ll Be Doing:
The Business Analyst (BA) is responsible for the creation and documentation of business requirements, standard processes and operational workflows that improve efficiency through process reengineering and automation. The position will partner with internal and external Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to build detailed requirements and provide end-to-end analytical oversight during project life cycle. The incumbent will act as a dependable liaison between Information Technology (IT) and NCH business partners to interpret requirements, set expectations and conduct Joined Application Requirements gathering sessions (JARs) for larger initiatives Ideal candidate will be able to provide subject matter expertise about Healthcare Products and Implementations/Expansions for internal and external clients. Resource will have direct interaction with Senior Leadership and Operational Business Owners.
- Serves as the main point of contact to document scope changes and obtain internal/external stakeholder approvals in relation to requirements.
- Understands New Century Health (NCH) business and systems workflow to leverage existing capability for meeting business expectations.
- Tracks requirements to the test cases during QA testing by reviewing results/approvals to ensure high quality of deliverables.
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering information, evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Communicates directly with Implementation Management team to insure timely updates to the scope / requirements
- Act as a liaison between IT and NCH business units by:
- Providing clear definition of requirements and insuring complete understanding by technical team
- Providing a single point of contact for business units into IT and acts as a conduit between the two organizations in relation to the scope and project’s requirements
- Making recommendations for product enhancements
- Participate in business process modeling sessions, acting as a documentarian, co-facilitator, facilitator or subject matter expert in sketch sessions.
- Conduct interviews and perform analysis to create business cases for projects.
- Conduct preliminary investigation for all project requests. Review requirements, specifications, test, support and training plans to ensure they are in line with business objectives on projects.
- Participate in root cause analysis to recommend product enhancements or other appropriate actions to improve productivity for both the business units and IT.
- May assist as a project coordinator with selected initiatives.
- Coordinate training development and work with training staff for timely rollout of new product/process.
- Provide subject matter expertise in healthcare processing and utilization management processes Claims processes expertise is desired but not required
- Identifies process areas for improvement in collaboration with IT and business operations team. Uses fact base data analysis for sizing opportunity and recommends prioritization based on operations provided ROI (Return on Investment)
- Conduct requirement gathering sessions with SMEs, document requirements, and builds prototype (as required) to obtain stakeholder sign-off.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance.
- Performs other duties as needed.
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, information systems or a related field.
- Equivalent education and experience combined may be accepted.
- Minimum 3 years business analyst experience
- Demonstrates proven ability to understand utilization management, healthcare claims processing and quickly grasp new technology. Must be able to learn the functionality of our products and services in a short time frame.
- Possesses effective verbal/written communication skills, especially via phone, with the ability to interact with various levels of personnel.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and organizational skills.
- Performs multiple tasks efficiently and accurately, have exceptional attention to detail and perform consistent work product validation/QA.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, team oriented, and responsible, with a positive attitude and a proactive style. Possesses the ability to operate in a highly variable work environment.
- Prior experience with NCH operations
- Project Management experience
- Experience in a managed care environment
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.