It’s Time For A Change… Your Future Evolves Here
At New Century Health we are pioneering a new era of specialty care, focused on engaging with payers and providers to improve the quality of care for patients diagnosed with cancer and heart disease. Our evidence-based care delivery model supports patients during their most vulnerable times, a responsibility we are both humbled by and passionate about.
With nearly two decades of proven results in Oncology and Cardiovascular care, New Century Health improves quality and lowers costs for the 6M+ patients whose care we manage. Our approach is based on a proven clinical model that engages Oncology and Cardiovascular specialists through value-based care delivery. We believe the highest quality care is also the lowest cost care over time, improving outcomes and delivering financial savings to our partners. The New Century Health model has been proven across Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial populations. New Century Health joined the Evolent Health family in 2018, joining the mission to change the health of the nation.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving important Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) efforts. Evolent achieved a 95% score on its first-ever submission to the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index, was named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org, and we publish an annual Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
What You’ll Be Doing:
As the main point of contact on assigned projects, responsible for collecting, coordinating/facilitating discussions with internal and external project teams. Some of the key responsibilities are:
- Facilitate on-going discussions in order to manage issues and risks related to the development of complex systems and coordination of various tasks across multiple teams
- Provide highly skilled technical and management oversight and assistance to department management and personnel.
- Responds to inquiries related to the assigned projects.
- Facilitates project reviews on consistent bases including reporting of statuses and required metrics.
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels with executive leadership, committees and managers at NCH as well as with external stakeholders
- Assist in developing departmental plans, goals, objectives, policies and procedures insuring that all artifacts are aligned with NCH strategic goals
- Define project requirements, scope, project milestones, phases and elements; Work with Management team on allocating resources for projects teams; Monitor project progress by tracking activity, addressing issues, managing risks, provide progress reports and recommend resolutions when needed.
- Manages internal/external communications Insure proper storage of project’s artifacts and any related documentation
- Write and maintain user documentation insuring confidentiality.
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends on an as needed bases
- Performing any additional duties when required.
Skills You'll Need:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, information systems or a related field preferred.
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years of recent experience as a Project Manager in a managed care business is highly preferred.
- Advanced skills in MS Power Point, Visio and Excel required.
- Experience in MS Project preferred.
- Prior experience with NCH operations is a plus.
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong leadership skills
- Self-motivated, customer driven, resilient, able to juggle multiple projects and energetic with a strong work ethic.
- Knowledge of healthcare and/or managed care
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.