It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutelyabout 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Evolent Health is looking for a Software Engineer to be a key member of the technology leadership team. This individual will play a critical role in executing Evolent Health’s mission by architecting, developing and maintaining technical processes around the .Net platform assets to ensure success in terms of both revenue and timely release of current and next generation products and capabilities.
- Be a part of an application development IT shop through the requirement, design, development, QA SDLC cycles with a focus on C#, ASP.NET, associated web technologies, and relational database technologies
- Lead aspects of our services based solutions and internal applications to ensure consistency, quality, architectural integrity, scalability, and availability
- Hands-on engineer who will support client implementation during design, development and maintenance of Evolent’s core platforms. This include web applications, services and data management routines.
- Investigate and integrate advances in software engineering technology and practices into the overall development process; these areas should include, but are not limited to programming languages, relational database systems, application frameworks, software processes, software automation, and system optimization / scaling
- Help to resolve questions of program intent, software requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls
- Develop software solutions using industry best practices and in the area of security and performance in an web and SOA architecture environment
- Collaborates with team and business owners in the development and/or execution of all types of software development considering the objectives of the organization
- Participate in the full systems life cycle with solution design, development, implementation, and product support using scrum and other agile methodologies.
- Maintain source-code repository, and participate in deployment of code into production.
- Help explore and implement new technologies.
- Develop software using known best practices such as Unit Testing, Continuous Integration
- Communicates the status and forecasting of these projects to the internal clients through a variety of methods including project status reports.
- Researches competitive online marketing presence/campaigns and maintains a pulse on industry trends and systems; bringing forth ideas that embrace emerging technology/executions and innovative ideas.
- Develops metrics for gauging success of enhancements using TFS and other issue tracking software in an agile/SCRUM SDLC environment
- Identifies new technologies that will benefit short and long term department goals.
- Provides thought leadership in the areas of strategy and technology.
- Produces and implements visual enhancements to existing designs as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Key competencies/skill/success factors:
- Experience in 1 or more of the following technologies: C#, ASP.Net, Web Services, SOA, REST, Ajax , WWF, WCF, WPF, MVC, MSMQ, Threading, Session Management, MS Enterprise Library, Encryption
- Adept at writing SQL queries and T-SQL stored procedures. Fundamental understanding of relational databases and MS SQL Server
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 3-7 years of software development experience in .NET
- Proficient with design patterns, security, performance, UI components and caching
- Track record in establishing strong relationships with clients and vendors
- Intense intellectual curiosity and an ability to view old problems with a fresh perspective
- Excellent written computer and oral communication skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position primarily works in a climate controlled based setting. The noise level and the work environment are moderately quiet. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Include the physical demands of the job, including bending, sitting, lifting and driving. For example, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.