Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Evolent acquired Valence Health in late 2016 and the companies are in the process of becoming one integrated organization in 2017. This role supports a part of our business that originated from Valence Health. This means you would join a team that is currently recognized as Valence Health, but will fully transition to the Evolent Health name and brand later this year
Chicago-based Valence Health is dynamic, innovative group of healthcare professionals focused on enabling provider organizations to make the transition from fee-for-service medicine to value-based care. We offer services and technology which have helped more than 75 hospitals, IPAs, and PHOs own their destinies by improving quality, achieving organizational efficiency, and maintaining financial vigor. Extraordinary demand is driving us to grow rapidly. We are currently seeking a highly motivated Principal to support client engagement teams in the delivery of strategies and advice to clients seeking their paths to transformational change.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Delivery Execution and Program Oversight (65% Time Allocation):
- Direct responsibility for the oversight of large scale program execution. Large scale programs are defined as high cost, high complexity and/or high risk.
- Facilitate development of business segment and enterprise level planning and program objective setting
- Participate in senior level program funding and prioritization decision processes
- Provide strategic input to the development of program roadmap and timelines
- Create a team oriented work climate that enables professional development and encourages creative solutions and strategies
- Support the management of resources within programs
- Support program communication plan and execution
- Require that quality assurance methods are implemented within the program
- Provide status updates and review of programs to senior leadership
- Provide coaching and mentoring of project team with the goal of developing and retaining talent within the organization
- Business Development (25% Time Allocation):
- Provide subject matter expertise, review, and advisory services in support of client pursuits, account strategies, and sold engagements
- Define the business development strategy for a subset of the practice
- Own and manage sales accounts, leads, pursuits, and proposals
- Effectively build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients
- Identify opportunities for sales and business development collaboration with other business segments
- Present experiential points of view via conferences, panels, white papers, etc.
- Capability Development (10% Time Allocation):
- Provide subject matter expertise and creative development of offerings to expand the capabilities of the firm
- Contribute to the knowledge repository of the practice and maintain currency in areas of critical interest to our clients
- Define reusable tools and processes which will accelerate the delivery of projects and
- Identify and own the development of new consulting solutions that will be brought to market
The Experience You Need (Required):
- Master’s degree and/or equivalent experience in a healthcare-related field required, with consulting experience.
- 10+ years of work experience in healthcare management and/or strategy, or equivalent consulting experience. 3+ years of work experience with payor contracting strategy is highly preferred;
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Proven experience managing complex, client-facing projects spanning multiple teams from inception to implementation;
- Experience in the management of teams with diverse skill sets (e.g. technical, clinical, operations, etc.).
- Superb problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present to senior management;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise staff in a collaborative and matrixed team environment
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to understand Valence’s products and process
- Ability to develop complex client engagements and practice capabilities under minimal supervision
Evolent Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer