It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely—56.7% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2016. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016 and 2017, and one of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian, and our CEO was number one on Glassdoor’s 2015 Highest-Rated CEOs for Small and Medium Companies. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Evolent Health is looking for a Senior Director, Corporate Development to be a key member of the Corporate Development team. This individual will play a critical role in executing Evolent Health’s mission by working with Evolent’s internal cross-functional teams and clients to develop long-term operating agreements aligned for mutual success, and driving growth through mergers and acquisitions, new product development, and strategic partnerships. Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Development, the Senior Director, Corporate Development will play a foundational role in our growth strategy.
- Develop highly customized product and service proposals with clear and compelling value propositions over and above next-best alternatives
- Develop innovative partnership structures with economics and clinical outcomes aligned for long-term mutual success
- Day-to-day organization and management of deal / M&A processes
- Oversight of modeling and financial analysis of contract terms
- Interface with and optimize use of company’s internal resources to meet deliverable deadlines including Business Development, Strategy, Legal, and Finance
- Develop intelligence of market and regulatory conditions and competitive environment that may disrupt Evolent product/service offerings and/or create opportunities for inorganic growth
- Develop partnership presentations and draft legal contracts in a fast-paced environment
- Attend and participate in scheduled department and corporate meetings and product/service training sessions
- Attend and participate in internal and external meetings, including presentations to executive teams and board members
- Other miscellaneous duties as requested and required by management
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of transaction experience in management consulting, investment banking, principal investing (private equity or venture capital), accounting, or corporate development environment, with exposure to healthcare industry
- CPA or Master’s Degree in a health or business-related discipline
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Proven ability to meet and exceed goals
- Strong ability to develop written communications, including memos, term sheets, and power-point presentation
- Demonstrated ability to prepare persuasive business case analytics that drive executive-level decision making and/or develop proposals in support of deal negotiations that tie back to organizational strategy
- Experience reviewing and drafting legal documentation
- Ability to prepare executive level presentations and engage external peers
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities while flawlessly executing on driving deliverables throughout a project cycle
- Experience in an entrepreneurial setting
- Demonstrated listening skills
- Experience training, managing, and supporting development of team members
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.