It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. We bring our whole selves to work and we’re driven to make a difference every day, from the work we do in our roles to the charitable endeavors we support. We believe in starting by listening, communicating with candor, fostering inclusion and owning the opportunity. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. Whether we’re wearing scrubs, jeans or our finest work-from-home chic, we have fun, work hard and make time to help others.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) efforts. Evolent achieved a 100% score on the 2020 Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index, making us one of the best places to work for LGBTQ+ employees. We were also named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org and we publish an annual Diversity Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace and performing on various metrics. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Evolent Health is looking for a Network Engineer in Las Vegas to participate in our team of talented network engineers. You will build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a larger team of systems, network and telecom engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security.
- Evaluate, install and maintain network gear, communications links and other core infrastructure components
- Protect data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of network and infrastructure availability
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Create and maintain accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd tier support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Pitch in to help peers when necessary
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related subject
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a technology role.
- Ability to forge positive working relationships
- Solid LAN/WAN networking fundamentals (e.g., Routing protocols, VLAN, QoS/CoS, DHCP, DNS, WAN, Load Balancers, SAN/NAS)
- Proven work experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting IP-based environments.
- Experience troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems
- Network security experience with Firewalls, ACLs and VPNs
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation, online resources, and product support.
- Ability to produce and maintain documentation of systems in support of SOC2 and HITRUST certifications
- Self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Must be local to Las Vegas, NV and willing and able to work from home, with occasional trips to our data center in Las Vegas as needed. This is a remote position and your presence in an office will not be required.
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Experience in a regulated environment
- Experience working with a global team
- Experience with Palo Alto, Juniper, Cisco
- Experience with F5 Big-IP LTM/GTM
Currently, Evolent employees work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. As such, we require that all employees have the following technical capability at their home: High speed internet over 10 MBPS and, specifically for all call center employees, the ability to plug in directly to the home internet router. These at-home technical requirements are subject to change with any scheduled re-opening of our office locations.
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.