Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Evolent acquired Valence Health in late 2016 and the companies are in the process of becoming one integrated organization in 2017. This role supports a part of our business that originated from Valence Health. This means you would join a team that is currently recognized as Valence Health, but will fully transition to the Evolent Health name and brand later this year
Chicago-based Valence Health is dynamic, innovative group of healthcare professionals focused on enabling provider organizations to make the transition from fee-for-service medicine to value-based care. We offer services and technology which have helped more than 75 hospitals, IPAs, and PHOs own their destinies by improving quality, achieving organizational efficiency, and maintaining financial vigor. Extraordinary demand is driving us to grow rapidly. We are currently seeking a highly motivated Principal to support client engagement teams in the delivery of strategies and advice to clients seeking their paths to transformational change.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Client Engagement Delivery (Approximately 75% Time Allocation):
- Direct responsibility for the oversight of large scale engagement execution. Large scale engagements are defined as high cost, high complexity and/or high risk.
- Facilitate development of strategic plans and facilitate objective setting sessions
- Participate in senior level engagement design, evaluation, and prioritization processes
- Provide strategic input to the development of engagement roadmaps and timelines
- Participate/lead as SME and/or Domain Lead in on-going and new projects as requested
- Create a team-oriented work climate that enables professional development and encourages creative solutions and strategies
- Support the management of resources within and between engagements
- Support engagement communication plan and execution
- Require that quality assurance methods are implemented within the engagement
- Provide status updates and review of programs to senior leadership
- Provide coaching and mentoring to project manager and other team members, with the goal of developing and retaining talent within the organization
- Capability and Firm Development (Approximate 25% Time Allocation):
- In collaboration with sales team, serve as an Advisory Services lead in business development and sales activities with prospective clients, including scoping, development of proposals, pricing and onsite presentations.
- Provide subject matter expertise and creative development of offerings to expand the capabilities of the firm
- Contribute to the knowledge repository of the practice and maintain currency in areas of critical interest to our clients
- Define and develop reusable tools and processes which will accelerate the delivery of projects
- Identify and own the development of new consulting solutions that will be brought to market at the direction of practice leadership
The Experience You Need (Required):
- Master’s degree and/or equivalent experience in a healthcare-related field required, with consulting experience. Professional credentials and experience for applicable SME/Domain lead role.
- 7-10 years of work experience in healthcare management and/or strategy, or equivalent consulting experience. 3+ years of work experience with applicable elements of value based
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Proven experience managing complex, client-facing projects from inception to implementation.
- Experience in coordination, management, and effective participation on teams with diverse skill sets (e.g. technical, clinical, operations, etc.).
- Superb problem-solving, coaching and interpersonal skills.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present effectively to senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop, and supervise staff in a collaborative and matrixed team environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to both understand and further Valence’s products and processes.
- Ability to manage complex client engagements and develop next-level practice capabilities under minimal supervision.
- Travel as indicated to meet the needs of assigned consulting engagements – typically a minimum of 50% travel should be expected.
Evolent Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer