Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely—about 50% growth from 2015 through late 2019. Are we recognized? Definitely. Evolent was the first organization ever to receive NCQA’s Population Health Program Accreditation, and is consistently recognized as one of the Becker’s Healthcare 150 Top Places to Work. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
What You’ll Be Doing:
The Manager, Technical Accounting will be leading the day-to-day technical accounting activities and research on complex accounting or contracting matters and documenting the Company’s position. The position requires a deep and broad U.S. GAAP knowledge base. The Manager will also be involved in the quarterly financial reporting and be required to perform financial analyses and other ad hoc projects when necessary.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in technical accounting with the right mix of research, writing and communication skills to enable him/her to communicate effectively with functional departments and collaborate with staff at all levels across various functions. He/she will be an enthusiastic team player who is detail-oriented with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Monitor new FASB pronouncements and SEC developments for applicability
- Assist with assessing and implementing major new accounting standards
- Interact with external auditors to support the Company’s accounting positions and facilitate an efficient audit and review process
- Research on complex accounting or contracting matters and document the Company’s positions, including, but not limited to VIE and business combination
- Review new contracts and deals to determine appropriate accounting treatment
- Assist in structuring and reviewing M&A deals as needed
- Support SEC reporting efforts by ensuring adequacy of Form 10-K, 10-Q and other SEC filing disclosures.
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Experience writing technical accounting memoranda/position papers
- Good oral and written communication skills
- 5+ years of accounting experience required (Big 4 experience highly preferred)
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work with competing priorities under tight deadline
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Experience performing technical accounting research and applying guidance to transactions, especially in VIE, business combination, leases and CECL
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to research, synthesize information, formulate conclusions, and document them in a thorough, yet concise manner.
- Experience in technology-based industry
- Public Accounting and/or financial reporting experience
- Active CPA license
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.