Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely—56.7% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2016. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016 and 2017, and one of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian, and our CEO was number one on Glassdoor’s 2015 Highest-Rated CEOs for Small and Medium Companies. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Evolent Health is actively recruiting for a Community Health Worker to join a team of clinical colleagues working together to improve the health of a defined population. This position will be focused on special needs populations that have high health needs and face multiple barriers to accessing to adhering to a physician’s treatment plan. The CHW will work as an extension of the clinical care team and specifically under the guidance of an RN Care Advisor. The individual taking this role will be assigned patients based in the Patterson, NJ area and will manage his/her caseload through in-person, telephonic and electronic communications and coordination. This position is a market based position.
What you will be doing:
· Works under the guidance of an RN Care Advisor
· Conducts initial outreach calls to encourage patients and care givers to participate in care management programs
· Documents their activities in the Identifi system, including care plan activities conducted.
· Engage with patients who need assistance with self-care needs beyond what a nurse care advisor can provide via phone
· Address language and cultural barriers to care and self-care
· Coach and guide the patient to meet both personal and clinical goals
· Scheduling provider visits on behalf of their patients
· Accompanying patients to their visits
· Reminding patients of their upcoming visits
· Helping patient access community and governmental based service agencies including possibly filling out paper work for the patient
· Helping teach the care giver about symptom response plans
· Arranging transportation
· Facilitating closing gaps in care by educating patients about preventive monitoring and working with physician practices to schedule diagnostic testing
· Participates in the integrated care team meetings and is responsible
The Experience You Need (Required):
· Experience working with Medicare, Medicaid and Special Needs populations
· Medical Assistant, Engagement Specialist or Community Health Worker Certification
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
· Experience working with patients with chronic and behavioral health needs
· Ability to connect with people and understand the challenges they face
· Demonstrated success in working as part of a multi-disciplinary team including communicating and working with Physicians and Registered Nurses
· Proven skill in making necessary linkages in order to meet specific needs
· Ability to travel throughout Patterson, NJ area
· Experience working with Electronic Medical Records and health care systems