It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutelyabout 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Our Payer Data Services team is looking for a SAS Administrator. You will work with the VP of Payer Data Services and our current SAS administration team to manage the team and all activities related to SAS Administration for our enterprise SAS solution on the SAS Grid.The SAS Administrator would need to have at least 5+ years of product implementation and administration of SAS BI, DI and Analytics. The SAS Platform Administrator/GRID Administrator provides operational enhancements, maintenance, installation and support of the SAS 9.4 platform in GRID Setup. This includes providing SAS platform security management, SAS application and underlying infrastructure support (OS, Storage, SAS 9.4 Applications, Web and Database) and ensuring processes are aligned with tactical and strategic information management initiatives.
The SAS Platform Administrator/GRID Administrator serves as liaison between the SAS Developers and enterprise infrastructure support teams to ensure appropriate delivery of technology solutions (performance tuning, capacity and utilization, backups, disaster recovery, user support, training and documentation) in accordance with business requirements and objectives.
The SAS Platform Administrator/GRID Administrator also ensures the platform is positioned for compliance with IT policies and standards and agreed upon service levels.
- Ensures the overall health of the SAS platform
- Applies maintenance releases, upgrades and hot fixes as required.
- Designs solutions to reduce the operational and management complexity of the platform.
- Designs, implements, and maintains platform security via SAS Metadata and Linux
- Performs platform capacity planning and management.
- Serves as an escalation point for escalated production and/or platform issues.
- Establishes best practices and guidelines for usage of the SAS platform.
- Technical Lead and enterprise point of contact for all SAS Administrator related projects and activities.
- Own and drive the SAS Product patching and release upgrade activity and act as liaison to SAS for any support issues
- Provide maintenance and support for SAS products during deployment, upgrade and any changes to SAS products and/ or during other enterprise activities that impact SAS infrastructure.
- Manage and track SAS products inventory and license updates for SAS servers and end users.
- Provide all levels of technical and application support; incident management (Level 1, 2 and 3); address user, application and data issues.
- Manage the configuration support and maintenance of the SAS platform.
- Oversee, recommend and implement appropriate solutions and enhancements to ensure an improvement in system reliability and performance.
- Monitor usage logs to assist in performance tuning of the systems and servers.
- Interface directly with various IT functional areas as it pertains to SAS Administration.
- Work with the SAS user community; perform periodic code reviews to insure that SAS applications are utilizing efficient design principles and adhering to internally published best practices.
- Responsible for providing SAS technical support to end users and implementing new SAS technical solutions including:
Key competencies/skill/success factors:
- Strong analytical, communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
- 5 or more years experience administering in SAS GRID Environment.
- 3 or more years supporting SAS data sourcing and reporting deliveries.
- 2 or more year developing detailed technical documentation.
- +H218 +H199Familiarity with Linux OS
- SAS product expertise - Administrative.
- SAS product expertise – General Product.
- Customer services and communication.
- Infrastructure (server and database) and network proficiency.
- Problem solving.
Qualification and Experience:
Bachelors degree is required
Minimum 5+ years of product implementation and administration of SAS BI, DI and Analytics
Excellent documentation skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position primarily works in a climate controlled based setting.The noise level and the work environment are moderately quiet. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Include the physical demands of the job, including bending, sitting, lifting and driving. For example, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Why Join Evolent?
Evolent Health developed an integrated value-based care platform for payers and providers. The company created an internal recognition program that encourages departments to acknowledge outstanding achievement as well as focusing on philanthropic values. The company spent four weeks in 2018 giving back to more than 60 local charities and engaged 3,700-plus employees to participate. Evolent provides healthy snacks and drinks in most of its offices as well as an in-office gym at its headquarters and workstations that include treadmill desks. In 2016, the company launched its diversity and inclusion committee that promotes unconscious bias training and established several business resource groups. In 2017, Washingtonian Magazine named Evolent among the 50 Great Places to Work.