It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely – about 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and one of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Evolent Health is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to be a key member of the growing Finance team. This individual will join a small, fast-paced team of FP&A professionals at a growth-oriented public company, and will play a critical role in executing Evolent Health’s mission by ensuring that the company is able to plan for growth, execute on and track performance vs. budget, as well as make informed executive decisions backed by financial and strategic analysis. The Senior Financial Analyst will drive key elements of the budgeting, forecasting, and reporting cycles. This individual will actively collaborate with business partners to assess needs and proactively leverage subject matter expertise to identify and share short and long-term opportunities for improved financial performance and strategic decision making. This position will initially report to the Vice President of Finance.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Support the Financial Planning & Analysis team in preparing monthly and quarterly budgets/forecasts, working with the business to understand inputs and assumptions
- Provide thorough and accurate monthly analysis of firm financial performance relative to budget and board expectations during financial close process
- Provide reporting and analysis of key business drivers and operating metrics
- Participate in development of monthly and quarterly operating reviews
- Provide analysis of business risks and opportunities to support decision making and action plans
- Provide analysis on client and market level economics
- Integrate analysis into actionable recommendations and synthesize information into executive-level presentations
- Use strong financial modeling experience to build business models for scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Develop financial business cases and analysis for potential partnerships and new product initiatives
- Relay financial performance and analysis with upper management by conducting and facilitating effective meetings
- Analyze budget variances to inform future budgeting activities
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field
- 2-4 years of experience in a corporate finance function or conducting complex financial analysis in a related field (e.g. investment banking, consulting, etc.); experience in corporate FP&A role a plus
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Ability to utilize Excel at an advanced level, including knowledge of key formulas and functions, data mining techniques, data tables, pivot tables, V-lookups, macros, etc.
- Experience building/managing budgets and/or management dashboards
- Analytical skills for financial research and modeling in a complex, multi-product environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with both fiscal and non-fiscal management staff and stakeholders both verbally and in writing
- Must be self-motivated, creative, detail oriented and able to work independently to meet deadlines within time constraints
- Ability to interpret results and recommend improvements
- Basic knowledge of US GAAP; solid financial acumen and highly proficient in accounting/financial principles
- The ideal candidate must be independently motivated, a collaborative team player and adaptable to different situations and personalities
- Knowledge of healthcare services and/or technology industries
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.