Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely—56.7% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2016. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016 and 2017, and one of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian, and our CEO was number one on Glassdoor’s 2015 Highest-Rated CEOs for Small and Medium Companies. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Who You’ll Be Working With:
Our Massachusetts partner is a mission driven Primary Care ACO made up of Federally Qualified Health Centers located throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. This not-for-profit health care corporation is organized to take responsibility for managing the cost and quality of health care for MassHealth enrollees. They are uniquely positioned to be a true innovator in successfully achieving cost of care and quality goals for a large Medicaid population.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Under the direction of the Senior Director, Clinical Operations and with guidance from the other members of the Partner’s leadership team, the Population Health Manager (PHM) is responsible for driving value based care initiatives in local health centers. Working closely with the Quality and Analytics teams, the PHM will integrate Evolent clinical programs and resources into the practice workflows with the intent to optimize the patient experience, and positively impact provider engagement and quality of care provided. The PHM will also be aligned to the Central Clinical Network and Performance team by participating in a large cohort of PHM’s across the country to share, operationalize, and scale best practices across markets.
The PHM will work at assigned health centers to build relationships with health centers to support provider engagement, clinical practice transformation and ensure Triple Aim achievement by conducting the key functions below:
- Plays a critical role in performance management through the delivery and management of provider reports, providing feedback and education, and guiding actionable initiatives from data
- Assist the local care team in Integrating and succeeding in the implementation of the Model of Care and the goals of the Model of Care.
- Work with Evolent/Partner team to Implement RAF programs and achieve annual program goals
- Work with Evolent/Partner team to implement pay-for-performance programs and achieve annual program goals
- Consistently seeks way to enhance the health center’s engagement in Pay for Performance (P4P) and Risk Adjustment (RAF) activities to achieve annual goals.
- Lead the transition of innovative ideas from pilot to implementation and share best practices across all markets
- Assist with various aspects of managing the Model of Care, including, specialty referral strategies, co-management agreements, provider meetings, improving patient access and improving patient experience.
- On a regularly established schedule, review financial (cost and utilization) and quality performance reports
- Assist the health center in achieving total cost of care and quality performance.
- Engage in strong relationship building by identifying go-to clinical and administrative leaders and leveraging practice relationships to engage, implement, and sustain Model of Care initiatives and programs
- Co-facilitate and or lead practice manager forums/meetings related to value based care initiatives
- Provide EMR, Identifi Practice, and other technology training in the practice; serve as a resident expert on these applications/tools.
- Facilitate physician/practice education through Evolent LEAP (Leadership Education Applied to your Practice) training and programs
The Experience You Need (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of leadership experience in practice management, provider relations and project management
- Must have a valid Driver's License and ability to travel locally/regionally up to 80% of the work day
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, with the ability to engage, inspire, build credibility and trust
- Highly organized and self-motivated individual with ability to adapt to various work spaces and work autonomously
- Collaborative working style with the ability to work across different teams, areas of expertise, and adapt to ambiguous environments and clientele
- Hypothesis driven to identify trends, predict issues, highlight critical areas, and develop corrective action plans
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- 3 years+ experience in practice re-design work including Patient Centered Medical Home, Practice Transformation, Quality Improvement, ACO development, Ambulatory Care, Quality and Efficiency metrics, and EMR
- IPA and/or health plan experience with a provider perspective and strong orientation to value-based care principles and the health policy landscape
- Working knowledge of clinical quality metrics such as RAF, HEDIS, NCQA or National Quality Forum type metrics
- Experience in data analytics comprehension
Evolent Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer