It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Care Partners’ works directly with primary care organizations across the country to improve patient outcomes and reduce avoidable health care costs. We are a lean, nimble, and fast-paced team looking for innovators and disruptors with a passion for improving health care. Our team is made up of reliable, hard-working employees—each with a commitment to shaping our culture and strategy. This role presents a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an internal start-up and leave your mark on health care.
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving power that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, testing ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving important Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) efforts: Evolent achieved a 95% score on its first-ever submission to the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index; was named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org; and we publish an annual Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Who You’ll Be Working With:
Evolent Health is seeking a Senior Analyst to join its internal start-up business, Evolent Care Partners (ECP). In this role, your primary responsibility will be to use analytics and quantitative problem-solving to help ECP improve quality and reduce avoidable costs. The Senior Analyst will be a core member of the Evolent Care Partners team, working directly with the business & operations executives to scope analyses, identify actionable insights, and develop compelling presentations. Like everyone on the team, you would be asked to be reliable, be an excellent teammate, and contribute to our culture and strategy.
The ideal candidate will be a strong individual contributor who can quickly get up to speed on new topics, deliver results reliably, and navigate unexpected roadblocks.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Partnering with business stakeholders to prioritize hypotheses and facilitate consensus
- Driving progress on medical expense savings initiatives by performing deep-dives into cost and utilization data, and packaging insights and opportunities into easy to understand format/visuals for physician/provider audience
- Collaborating across operations and analytics teams to develop and source needed reporting and synthesize data from other sources – conduct requirement gathering sessions with operational SMEs, document requirements, and build prototypes (as required) to obtain stakeholder sign-off while working with analytics team members to ensure high quality and timely deliverables, as needed
- Identifying insights from available data, supporting operations team in developing presentations, helping support medical expense savings initiatives by partnering with leadership to identify key focus areas within regions, TINs, practices, and providers
- Visualizing data and developing presentations to highlight insightful findings for diverse stakeholder audiences
- Developing dashboards and forecaster tools for clinical and operational team key functions and focus areas
- Supporting the interpretation of cost and utilization data (medical and pharmaceutical) to determine clinical and network optimization opportunities
- Managing time and productivity to deliver against agreed-upon timelines
- Bringing an innovative problem-solving approach to continually differentiate Evolent’s capabilities and exceed expectations
- Contributing to a culture of all team members feeling valued and respected
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a quantitative major (e.g. actuarial, statistics, operations research, mathematics, economics) or healthcare major (health administration, epidemiology, public health, biology)
- 2-4 years of professional experience working with healthcare data or performance improvement in a payer, provider, vendor, or consulting setting
- Proven track record of independently owning and driving forward complex work streams
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Comfort working with multiple data sources in both structured data and unstructured format to frame a business opportunity and develop a structured path forward
- Experience using/navigating Excel, MicroStrategy, or other data visualization tools
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate clearly with less technical stakeholders to solve problems; ability to translate between business needs and analytical needs
- Exceptionally strong analytical abilities, with track record of identifying insights from quantitative and qualitative data
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrates professionalism and excels at distilling complex data into digestible messages
- Experience using data visualization tools to support key messages and PowerPoint creation to support leadership across clinical and business functions
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Familiarity with value-based care and programs such as Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)
- Experience working with payers and analyzing payer reports, communicating data to physicians a plus
- Working knowledge of Medicare claims, episode and condition groupers, case/episode and risk adjustment, patient attribution methodologies, and network analysis and pod development
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and managing competing deadlines
- Experience navigating BI tools (e.g. Microstrategy, Tableau, Qlik etc.) and Visual Basic
- Ability to engage in back-and-forth conversation with senior leaders, ability to be convincing, and ability to develop strong relationships
Currently, Evolent employees work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. As such we require that all employees have the following technical capability at their home: high speed internet over 10 MBPS. This at-home technical requirement is subject to change with any scheduled re-opening of our office locations.
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.