It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving power that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, testing ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving important Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) efforts: Evolent achieved a 95% score on its first-ever submission to the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index; was named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org; and we publish an annual Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Who You’ll Be Working With:
Evolent Health is looking for a Senior Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer to oversee all of Evolent’s financial reporting and accounting operations including accounting, audit, tax, payroll, AR, AP, SEC reporting, and SOX 404 compliance.
The Chief Accounting Officer will report directly to Evolent’s CFO. This is a great opportunity for someone with strong accounting and management skills to lead a finance organization within a mission-driven, fast-growing public company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Provide strong leadership in leading overall accounting and finance operations
- Support the Corporate Controller in establishing and monitoring strong controls across the finance organization
- Provide senior leadership/ and guidance on strategic impact of various technical accounting issues
- Within hyper growth environment, ensure process and people are in place to deliver timely and accurate monthly finance statements
- Manage relationship and reporting matters with the audit firm and Interface effectively with external and internal audit resources to resolve complex accounting and auditing issues.
- Participate and collaborate with Company programs, projects, and objectives which require extensive communication, change management, and interactions with other finance leaders (e.g., FP&A, investor relations) and the CFO, as well as other functional leaders.
- Be a strategic partner for top management, executives and peers in the senior finance leadership team in the design and development of long-range objectives.
- Support and counsel the Audit Committee and help set the Audit Committee agenda.
- Optimize the team organizational structure
- Active CPA license
- 15+ years of work experience in the accounting/finance field
- 5+ years experience serving as controller in a public company
- Experience in a Sarbanes Oxley Act 404 compliant organization
- Experience in healthcare industry
People and Other Professional skills Requirements
- Relentless desire to excel in and surpass the needs of both internal and external clients
- Enjoy challenges, excellent ability to grasp new concepts; avid learner
- Ability to train, mentor and motivate team members; a strong people leader
- Superior ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong people and process management skills
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.