Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely--62% in year-over-year revenue growth through 2015. Are we recognized? Definitely. We’re 12th on Forbes’ list of America’s Most Promising Companies for 2015, one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, and our CEO was number one on Glassdoor’s 2015 Highest-Rated CEOs for Small and Medium Companies. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Who You’ll Be Working With:
As a Social Worker with Evolent, you will have the opportunity to make a profound impact on the lives of people living with multiple chronic illnesses as well as a vulnerable population with complex medical, behavioral and substance abuse issues. You will serve as a critical member of the integrated care team, which is made up of registered nurses, pharmacists, registered dieticians, community health workers, and program coordinators.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Engage patients and care givers telephonically and in person in active care planning to focus on behavioral, social and environmental concerns and needs of patients.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive inventory of local community resources, improving accessibility for patients and providers, and linking patients with the appropriate support services.
- Assesses the patient’s knowledge of their medical condition and provides education and self-management support based on the patient’s preferences.
- Connect patients with primary care, behavioral health, respite and other services.
- Establishes relationships with community agencies, resources and supports that are relevant to a SNP and Medicare Population.
- Assisting with Medicaid applications, food and nutrition benefits, housing applications, coordinating transportation, etc.
- Develops, maintains, and continually updates a community resource guide for the market area.
- Flexible work schedule to include evenings/occasional weekends as needed.
The Experience You Need (Required):
- 2-3 years of Medical or Community Social Work experience providing patient-centered outreach, behavioral health services, needs assessment and support
- Masters of Social Work
- Current, active Florida LCSW
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills, the ability to engage with varying patient populations, and meet the patient ‘where they are’.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change. Demonstrate the ability to work independently, as well as collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and health care providers. Advocate for patients within the medical and community settings
- Be personally and professionally accountable for best-practice patient care.
- Additional qualities that would be a good fit for our team include: Enthusiasm and passion for helping patients, genuine spirit, kind and empathetic nature, and one who embraces a ‘go with the flow’ mentality
- Experience with Motivational Interviewing, Self-Management and Patient Engagement strategies are a plus
- Experience with Medicare population, insurance providers and telephonic patient engagement is a plus
- Bilingual English
- Demonstrated interest in working with an underserved population
- Ability to travel to various locations
Evolent Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer