Sr System Engineer-NOC
IT Production Operations
IT Operations Team Lead
We are looking for bright and energetic individuals to join Sr System Engineer role in our IT Production Operations team to support production issue resolution, code deployments, access control and compliance support related activities.
- Perform critical maintenance tasks in web environments.
- Document and implement best practices pertaining to managing web administration and database support.
- Fine tune and automate repeated maintenance tasks.
- Find and resolve web application errors using log files and events.
- Manage IT Production Operations tools such as SolarWinds, Dotcom etc.
- Keep all Prod Ops related documentation updated on Confluence (internal wiki)
- Set up new environment to support new client implementation and new internal initiatives
- To assist with the support of internal applications and infrastructure
- Creation and distribution of knowledge and information with other team members
- Providing assistance and cover for other team members where required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field
- 5-7 years of experience in application support and production administration
- Experience troubleshooting IIS (for internally hosted websites)
- Experience on Windows Server and VMware (2008 ,2008R2 & 2012)
- Experience on Networking and taking the trace using Wireshark.
- Knowledge in a scripting language like PowerShell, VBScript, WSH
- Ability to understand the logic flow of programming through reading C#, T-SQL or Batch content.
- Knowledge of 3rd party administration and monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios, Solar winds, Dotcom)
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Flexibility - responsibilities may require night and weekend work.
- Familiarity with the Health Care industry is advantageous
- Requirement gathering and specification planning
- Windows Server administration or development
- Familiarity with source control and development IDEs
- Understanding of change and release management
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plusion here