Senior Data Operations Analyst
It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutelyabout 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
We are looking for bright and energetic individuals to be a Senior Data Operations Analyst responsible for maintaining data accuracy and quality of loaded data. Data feeds consist of industry standard EDI files (834, 837), proprietary flat-files, vMine (proprietary data extraction tool), lab results (HL7 ORU batch messages and Non HL7 Flat File), EMR clinical subject areas (e.g. Vitals, Immunizations, Medications, Health Maintenance), and Payer extracts to name a few. This individual would also want to grow into a lead role with more responsibility mentoring and managing more junior data analysts.
- Support all aspects of Data Operations team initiatives with focus on becoming SME for escalations
- Perform data quality processes involving execution and review of load/quality reports via various technologies (ie. SSRS, SAS, MicroStrategy, etc.), data analysis, and issue escalation using JIRA issue management application
- Monitor operational processes, identify batch job failures, escalate issues and participate in action plan development and execution
- Develop detailed client-specific operational SOPs and documentation
- Perform root cause analysis for critical and high impact incidents/events
- Identify, ticket, analyze, and triage data and application issues and support implementation of resolutions
- Work with onshore to create and modify internal process procedures to ensure system integrity
- Actively contribute to automation of internal processes where possible
- Guide/mentor Junior Data Analysts in application of data operation procedures along with help facilitate any training between onshore and offshore resources
- Help monitor and collaborate with team of analysts to maintain data throughput, availability, and quality to sustain system wide stability and operational up-time
- Execute and monitor ad-hoc data processing requests
- Manage application, system, and client metadata settings
- Troubleshoot issues and facilitate loading received data to staging and data warehouse tables in Microsoft SQL server and SAS datasets using various approaches (ie. Orion, SSIS, SAS, etc.)
- Perform system health checks during critical business hours and maintain reports and communication for these checks
Key competencies/skill/success factors:
- Experience in healthcare industry
- Flexibility to work effectively in a constantly changing environment
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, root cause analysis skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively within a team
- Strong documentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate between offshore and onsite teams
- Ability to train resources and provide guidance for escalations
- Ability to take ownership of tasks, and provide inputs for process improvements
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field
- 5-7 years of experience in application support and/or developing data processing solutions
- Experience in Healthcare IT and/or healthcare data
- 3-4 years of experience in T-SQL programming including creating complex SQL statements
- Familiarity with ITIL processes or Kanban board methodology
- Prior people mentoring experience
- Ability to troubleshoot ETL issues using SAS logs, SQL/SSIS logs, etc.
- Technical writing experience
- DevOps or ITIL exposure
- Experience with Linux/Unix Scripting, SAS, SFTP, Jira/Confluence, Aldera, MoveIT, Orion, SSRS, MicroStrategy, Big Data (Hive, MapReduce, Hadoop)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position primarily works in a climate controlled based setting.The noise level and the work environment are moderately quiet. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Include the physical demands of the job, including bending, sitting, lifting and driving. For example, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Why Join Evolent?
Evolent Health developed an integrated value-based care platform for payers and providers. The company created an internal recognition program that encourages departments to acknowledge outstanding achievement as well as focusing on philanthropic values. The company spent four weeks in 2018 giving back to more than 60 local charities and engaged 3,700-plus employees to participate. Evolent provides healthy snacks and drinks in most of its offices as well as an in-office gym at its headquarters and workstations that include treadmill desks. In 2016, the company launched its diversity and inclusion committee that promotes unconscious bias training and established several business resource groups. In 2017, Washingtonian Magazine named Evolent among the 50 Great Places to Work.